The Motorola Atrix 2 was launched as refreshed version of the original Atrix, back in October 2011. Being another heavyweight entry into AT&T’s 4G lineup, the Atrix2 boasted a well drawn spec-sheet consisting of two 1.2Ghz Cortex-A9 cores ticking along thewidely trusted PowerVR SGX540 GPU on the TI OMAP 4430 chipset with a Gigabyte of RAM with the latter and the qHD display being the trademarks of the Atrix Series. With the original Atrix running high in the list of the developers @XDA, the refreshed sibling isn’t going to sit back and watch. The Developers are upto it as we are here to provide to you this step by step tutorial to Install CM10 Jelly Bean ROM on your Motorola Atrix 2.
About the ROM:
This is a CM10 based Jelly Bean ROM for your Motorola Atrix 2. CM10 or Cyanogenmod 10 is the set of latest off market firmware based on the latest Android 4.1 Jelly Bean. Cyanogenmod firmwares are basically tweaked versions which are released by the team following every latest Android update. These ROMs contain a lot of tweaks over the base Android source which help you to extend the potential of your droid by pushing it through the limitations of the stock firmware without losing out on the originality of the stock Android user experience.
- Back up all apps using ASTRO File Manager. You can get the APK files using ASTRO and later restore it. Rooted users can use Titanium Backup which also backs up data along with the apps.
- Back up all contacts to SD card.
- Backup SMS on Android.
- Backup call log on Android.
- Have minimum 60% charge on your phone else you might get stuck while the update process is running on your device.
- Remove any security or Anti-virus app if you have them installed.
- Enable USB Debugging. This can be don by Settings>Applications>Development and making sure that USB Debugging is checked.
Disclaimer: Hack My Android is not responsible for any damage that your device may face during this process. The developer is also not responsible for the same. There are little chances that your device may face any issue. However, try this at your own risk. This process voids the warranty of your device.
Steps to Install Official CM10 Jelly Bean ROM on Motorola :
- Download the zip file from the original thread.
- Copy the downloaded zip to the root folder of your sdcard.
- Before you proceed, please make sure that you can flash this rom only an ICS upgraded device( i.e. your kernel should be 3.X, and your stock rom should be ICS), If not, proceed after the update.
- Install safetrap or bootstrap on your phone in order to flash this ROM.
- Follow the on screen instructions and flash the ROM zip file.
- Use these to navigate and select “Wipe” and then “Wipe data” and also consider wiping Dalvik cache if you don’t want to face “Low on memory” issues.
- Now, navigate through the interface choose “select zip from SD card” and select the zip file which we downloaded earlier.
- After it gets completed, you can flash the GAPPS file in a similar fashion and get back using the back button and select “Reboot” and you are done!.
If you have followed this tutorial step by step, you must be enjoying your phone .
Please make a note that this ROM is till under development so it may be having a lot of bugs like camera and video so please proceed at your own risk as the developers are trying hard to get all the bugs fixed as soon as it gets possible for them.
For more on this , follow the original thread here. ( We’ll keep you updated anyways.)
If you found this tutorial useful, please don’t forget to pay us a word in the comments section, queries/comments/suggestion will be of great aid to us 🙂 .