After the sequence of hide-n-seek kind of flashy appearances, the HTC Desire C is now selling in some big numbers swiping the shelves. Ice Cream Sandwich on the bargain is as it goes for the upper-low end ICS droid. The Desire C shares the same chipset with it’s cheaper sibling, the HTC Explorer while the bigger onboard storage facilitates the Ice Cream Sandwich installation which the phone ships with straight out of the box. Besides the better internal memory, HTC has delivered more than enough of addons to keep the little “Golf” in line with all the other offerings in the same slot.
Android 4.0 or Ice Cream Sandwich steals the spotlight of the show but the potential user doesn’t gets satisfied with the offerings on the serve and hence, he demands for more. Talking about more, what could be better than some Cyanogenmod support for your little droid?
About the ROM:
CM9 or Cyanogenmod 9, is a set of off-market firmware based on the Android 4.0 ICS platfprm with some top notch tweaks and addons to squeeze out the best of what your droid can deliver. Features viz. Overclocking support and some extensive access to your phone’s hardware is the way to go if you feel stuck with your phone getting slow.
The best part of all of this serving is that you won’t land up on a totally different ecosystem which means that you will be gettin all of these goodies without losing out on the originality of the Android user interface.
- Phone radio (calling, sms, data)
- Sensors (light, proximity, rotation, acceleration)
- Touchscreen (with multitouch)
- Vibration & Haptic feedback
- Hardware acceleration (EGL)
- Live wallpapers
- Screen off/on animations
- Wallpaper scroll
What Doesn’t work?
- CM9 ramdisk (you need to flash boot.img from stock rom!)
- Everything other is untested!
- Back up all apps using ASTRO File Manager. You can get the APK files using ASTRO and later restore it. Rooted users can use Titanium Backup which also backs up data along with the apps.
- Back up all contacts to SD card.
- Backup SMS on Android.
- Backup call log on Android.
- Have minimum 60% charge on your phone else you might get stuck while the update process is running on your device.
- Remove any security or Anti-virus app if you have them installed.
- Enable USB Debugging. This can be don by Settings>Applications>Development and making sure that USB Debugging is checked.
Disclaimer: Hack My Android is not responsible for any damage that your device may face during this process. The developer is also not responsible for the same. There are little chances that your device may face any issue. However, try this at your own risk. This process voids the warranty of your device.
Steps to Install CM9 ICS ROM on your HTC Desire C :
- Root and install CWM on your HTC Desire C using this tutorial.
- Download the ROM zip file from the original thread.
- Copy the downloaded zip to the root folder of your sdcard.
- Boot into recovery.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and flash the ROM zip file.
- In the recovery mode, select “Wipe” and then “Wipe data” and also consider wiping Dalvik cache if you don’t want to face “Low on memory” issues.
- Now, navigate through the interface choose “select zip from SD card” and select the zip file which we downloaded earlier.
- After it gets completed, you can flash the GAPPS file in a similar fashion and get back using the back button and select “Reboot” and you are done!.
If you are through with that, you must be enjoying a whole new ROM on your phone with a lot of new features.
Please make a note that this ROM may or may not have bugs so proceed at your own risk.
If you found this tutorial helpful, please make some time for the comments section as we’ll be happy to hear from you to keep you updated as well as to keep ourselves inline with the best 🙂 .