The LG Optimus Black was released back in may 2011 as the first phone to boast the NOVA display which promised unmatched brightness levels( it kicked the lives out of beasts like Nokia N8 or the Apple Iphone 4) along with sharp contrast to deliver some eye popping android experience upfront. The phone ticked a TI OMAP 3630 1GHz processor along coupled with 512Mb of RAM and the dependable PowerVR SGX530 GPU to handle all those High Definition requirements of your’s. The phone shipped around with Android 2.2 onboard and has been recently Quoted as Android 4.0 upgradable along with the new boxes shipping with ICS out-of-the-box.
But anyways, we know, it is LG and surely to get you rid off this pain of your’s misery, we are here for you with this Cyanogenmod9 Ice Cream Sandwich ROM for your LG Optimus Black.
About the ROM:
CM9 or Cyanogenmod9 is the set of off-market firmware by the Cyanogenmod team, who are well known for their off-market support for various phones which most of the companies refuse to keep in the pace. Cyanogenmod9 is based on Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich along with a lot of tweaks and customisable settings which can hellp you get the better out of your android device and have a taste of the full potential of their droids. Cyanogenmod team supports a large no. of devices but those missing out have been backed up via ported ROMs by various developer communities on the XDA forums.
Also, before you install the ROM, kindly make a nandroid backup of your current ROM so that you can revert back if you do not wish to stay with this ROM.
- Back up all apps using ASTRO File Manager. You can get the APK files using ASTRO and later restore it. Rooted users have a better option of using Titanium Backup.
- Back up all contacts to SD card.
- Backup SMS on Android.
- Backup call log on Android.
- Have minimum 60% charge on your phone else you might get stuck while the update process is running on your device.
- Remove any security or Anti-virus app if you have them installed.
- Enable USB Debugging. This can be don by Settings>Applications>Development and making sure that USB Debugging is checked.
Disclaimer: Hack My Android is not responsible for any damage that your device may face during this process. The developer is also not responsible for the same. There are little chances that your device may face any issue. However, try this at your own risk. This process voids the warranty of your device.
Steps to Install CM9 ICS ROM on LG Optimus Black:
- Download the ROM zip file from the original thread.
- Copy the downloaded zip to the root folder of your sdcard.
- If you have ROM manager installed, you can proceed via it or Boot into the recovery mode.
- In the recovery mode, you can navigate using the volume buttons and select using menu/home button.
- Make a nandroid backup in recovery mode.
- Use these to navigate and select “Wipe” and then “Wipe data” and also consider wiping Dalvik cache if you don’t want to face “Low on memory” issues.
- Now, navigate through the interface choose “select zip from SD card” and select the zip file which we downloaded earlier.
- After it gets completed, you can flash the GAPPS file in a similar fashion and get back using the back button and select “Reboot” and you are done!.
Please! do not forget that this ROM may or may not have bugs, so please proceed at your own risk and help the developers’ community 🙂
If you found this review useful, Please! leave us a word in the comments section.
Queries/Comments/Suggestions are always welcome to fetch you the best on the serve 🙂