This is our first post on hacking HTC Legend Android phone and we do promise that there would be more on HTC Legend in future. if you wish to root HTC Legend, you can use HTC SuperTool. This marks the beginning of hacking your phone and now we will tell you how to install CyanogenMod 9 Ice Cream Samdwich 4.0.4 on your HTC Legend. Before you proceed with the steps to install this custom ROM, you will have to unlock the bootloader of your device. The bootloader of all HTC Devices can be unlocked using HTCDev.com. Once all this is done, you can proceed with CM9 installation on your HTC Legend.
Please note that this is not an official CyanogenMod ROM and is a custom ROM by zeubea at XDA forums. This ROM is in beta 4 stage and does not have everything working. However, you can use this ROM for daily use!
Following are a few issues that you might face with this ROM:
Youtube HQ laggy (normal youtube works fine)
searching GSM networks is not working,
headset icon missing (although headset works)
working, but third part app is needed for:
wifi sleep (dont use native wifi sleep)
There will be further updates to this ROM which can be found on the original thread, the link to which is present in the Installation steps.
Features (What Works)
- touchscreen, haptic response
- GSM functions (calling, texting, data)
- wifi, wifi strength indicator
- browser, market, gapps (google play, gmail, gmail accounts, etc.. ), and other apps (Tapatalk, Chess Lite, etc.)
- overclock (really not necessary since HWA, it can work at 600MHz; if you do it, not beyond to 787 mhz)
- tones, ringtones, notifications, alarms
- Stock Music player,
- most of widgets (Bookmarks, Gallery preview, Time and Weather, GMail, etc.)
- USB tethering
- USB mass storage
- FM radio, using spirit FM App and setting for msm7x30 Method (thanks to ranger4740)
- Wifi tethering with OpenGarden
- Hw Acceleration (Stock Gallery, Live Wallpapers, Video, Youtube, Google Maps App, etc.).
- Camera (photos, preview, panoramic, camcording=> with Camera Illusion app).
The steps to install this ROM are on Page 2.