Along with Galaxy S2, it is the Samsung Galaxy Note which is receiving Ice Cream Sandwich Update from Samsung. DXLP9 is the latest ICS firmware for Galaxy Not and is available in select countries via KIES. Irrespective of the country you are in, you can now flash the official Ice Cream Sandwich firmware for Samsung Galaxy Note as in this tutorial we will tell you how to install ICS on Galaxy Note N700.
Please note that this is an official firmware and hence it will revoke root access if you had already rooted your phone or if you are using a custom ROM. You will have to root the device again to get root privileges.
Your phone should not be locked to any network. If it is locked, kindly unlock it else this tutorial will be of no use.
It is very unlikely that you will lose any data on your device but if you are stuck at some position you may need to perform a factory reset. Having a backup is good in such situations!
- Back up all apps using ASTRO File Manager. You can get the APK files using ASTRO and later restore it. Rooted users can use Titanium Backup which also backs up data along with the apps.
- Back up all contacts to SD card.
- Backup SMS on Android.
- Backup call log on Android.
- Have minimum 60% charge on your phone else you might get stuck while the update process is running on your device.
- Remove any security or Anti-virus app if you have them installed.
- Enable USB Debugging. This can be don by Settings>Applications>Development and making sure that USB Debugging is checked.
Disclaimer: Hack My Android is not responsible for any damage that your device may face during this process. The developer is also not responsible for the same. There are little chances that your device may face any issue. However, try this at your own risk.
Steps to Install DXLP9 ICS Firmware on Samsung Galaxy Note
- Download DXLP9 ICS Firmware for Samsung Galaxy Note.
- Now, extract the contents of the downloaded zip file to a separate folder in your Computer.
- After this open Odin which you can download from here.
- Boot your phone into Download Mode. To do this, press the Volume Down button and Center button. While you press both, simultaneously pres the power button and your phone will enter into download mode.
- Connect your phone to the computer via USB Cable. Doing this will make the ID:Com section in Odin turn yellow. If it does not, you need to check your drivers.
- Click on PDA and select the file “N7000DXLP9_N7000OLBLP6_N7000DXLP5_HOME.tar.md5” which was obtained from the extracted zip file.
- Click on Start.
The DXLP9 ICS Firmware will be flashed on your Galaxy Note after this.
Note: Being on official ROM does not require wipe of data. However, if you are using a custom ROM, there are very high possibilities that you would face force close issues. In that case, just boot into recovery mode and wipe data, cache and dalvik cache. If you face any issues, feel free to use the comments section below 🙂