Install HTC Sense 4.0 ICS ROM on HTC Explorer
Its all what all of us, the owners of the HTC pico have been waiting for. We got greeted by a fully functional Android 4.0 CM9 ROM and a successful Android 4.1.2 CM10 Jelly Bean ROM port by the developers but there was something stuck in the past which was itching out the nostalgia within us. It was the HTC guys who brought this pain to us by awarding HTC Sense 4.0A to our pico’s closest sibling, the Desire C, but wait, how could we count out the team backing us up on the XDA!
Surprise! We have the HTC Sense 4.0A port done for our little pico. You don’t believe me? have a look at those screen below![box_light]The ROM has been updated. Please read this.[/box_light]
About the ROM:
It is actually a direct port of the Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich based ROM from HTC Desire C. Since both the devices are very closely related to each other in terms of hardware and basically the chipset being the same, our pico won’t be facing too much of difficulties in handling HTC Sense 4.0.
Since this ROM is still under development, we can’t assure you about the stability factor. All-in-all this ROM can be taken for day-to-day use if you can compensate for the absence of Bluetooth, Wifi and USB for the time being as the developers are working hard at it to get all of these bugs fixed as soon as they can.
Done with that session of introduction, let’s begin with the installation of this ROM.
- Back up all apps using ASTRO File Manager. You can get the APK files using ASTRO and later restore it. Rooted users can use Titanium Backup which also backs up data along with the apps.
- Back up all contacts to SD card.
- Backup SMS on Android.
- Backup call log on Android.
- Have minimum 60% charge on your phone else you might get stuck while the update process is running on your device.
- Remove any security or Anti-virus app if you have them installed.
- Enable USB Debugging. This can be don by Settings>Applications>Development and making sure that USB Debugging is checked.
Disclaimer: Hack My Android is not responsible for any damage that your device may face during this process. The developer is also not responsible for the same. There are little chances that your device may face any issue. However, try this at your own risk. This process voids the warranty of your device.
Steps to Install HTC Sense 4.0A ICS ROM on your HTC Explorer :
- Download the zip file from the original thread.
- Copy the downloaded zip to the root folder of your sdcard.
- Boot into recovery.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and flash the ROM zip file.
- Select “Wipe” and then “Wipe data” and also consider wiping Dalvik cache if you don’t want to face “Low on memory” issues.
- Now, navigate through the interface choose “select zip from SD card” and select the zip file which we downloaded earlier.
- After it gets completed, you can flash the GAPPS file in a similar fashion and get back using the back button and select “Reboot” and you are done!.
If your phone has booted up successfully, you’re in for a treat with the latest and best of HTC’s version of Android which they themselves couldn’t provide to us. Cheers! for dat.
If you faced any problems or have any queries/suggestions, please leave us your words in the comments section.