Recognized XDA developer bulletproof136 had ported the HTC Sense 4.0A ROM to our HTC Explorer but since it was full of bugs here and there, he has performed some modifications over the ROM, the best one being the speed with which it boots and it does boots up successfully! With hardly any changes to the base ROM in question and apart from a few performance and other tweaks, there’s hardly much to talk about as most of you must have been disappointed with the previous release but please keep supporting the community to help the hard work put in by the original developer and the modifiers of the ROM!
Sorry for the late response from my side, now let’s begin and see whether it works this time or not(I am already using the same!).
- Back up all apps using ASTRO File Manager. You can get the APK files using ASTRO and later restore it. Rooted users can use Titanium Backup which also backs up data along with the apps.
- Back up all contacts to SD card.
- Backup SMS on Android.
- Backup call log on Android.
- Have minimum 60% charge on your phone else you might get stuck while the update process is running on your device.
- Remove any security or Anti-virus app if you have them installed.
- Enable USB Debugging. This can be don by Settings>Applications>Development and making sure that USB Debugging is checked.
Disclaimer: Hack My Android is not responsible for any damage that your device may face during this process. The developer is also not responsible for the same. There are little chances that your device may face any issue. However, try this at your own risk. This process voids the warranty of your device.
Steps to Install Modified Version of the HTC Sense 4.0A ICS ROM on your HTC Explorer :
- Download the zip file from the here.
- Copy the downloaded zip to the root folder of your sdcard.
- Boot into recovery.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and flash the ROM zip file.
- Select “Wipe” and then “Wipe data” and also consider wiping Dalvik cache if you don’t want to face “Low on memory” issues.
- Now, navigate through the interface choose “select zip from SD card” and select the zip file which we downloaded earlier.
- After it gets completed, you can flash the GAPPS file in a similar fashion and get back using the back button and select “Reboot” and you are done!.
Even in this version you may get stuck on the boot screen, but wait! we got the drill this time round! All you have to do is wait for your phone to give a small vibration and then try using the lock key multiple times and you may end up directly on the lockscreen this time!
If you faced any other bugs or have any suggestions/queries to be made, please leave us a word in the comments section or refer the original thread!