Following the previous post for the HTC Explorer on installing the Xperia-ICS custom ROM on your phone, we are here with yet another surprise for you. Many of the people around us who have been using custom ROMs and ports on their device have this question in their mind about whether there’s a way by which we can achieve customisations without losing the feel of originality? The answer is yes. There are a few developers who prefer doing customisations on the stock ROMs so as to deliver ROMs that are highly stable yet share some features from their Cyanogenmod siblings. These are called as Stock based custom ROMs.
About the ROM:
The number of cutsom ROMs for the HTC Explorer is increasing rapidly after the development of stable CM7 and CM9 releases while this is a one of a kind stock based custom ROM for your little pico. This ROM features the same stock UI with some minor changes over it and some highly efficient tweaking over the source so as to deliver to you a better yet homely experience on your phone. Let’s have a look over a few features of this ROM:
- Kernel by yannou90.
- Apps2sd enabled
- Some scripts
- display on/off animation.
- Advanced quick settings.
- Swipe to remove notifications.
- Bravia engine, Xloud engine
- Cool bootanimation ported from HDPI device
- Back up all apps using ASTRO File Manager. You can get the APK files using ASTRO and later restore it. Rooted users can use Titanium Backup which also backs up data along with the apps.
- Back up all contacts to SD card.
- Backup SMS on Android.
- Backup call log on Android.
- Have minimum 60% charge on your phone else you might get stuck while the update process is running on your device.
- Remove any security or Anti-virus app if you have them installed.
- Enable USB Debugging. This can be don by Settings>Applications>Development and making sure that USB Debugging is checked.
Disclaimer: Hack My Android is not responsible for any damage that your device may face during this process. The developer is also not responsible for the same. There are little chances that your device may face any issue. However, try this at your own risk. This process voids the warranty of your device.
Steps to Install Infuzed Custom ROM on your HTC Explorer :
- Download the zip file from the original thread.
- Copy the downloaded zip to the root folder of your sdcard.
- Boot into recovery.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and flash the ROM zip file.
- Select “Wipe” and then “Wipe data” and also consider wiping Dalvik cache if you don’t want to face “Low on memory” issues.
- Now, navigate through the interface choose “select zip from SD card” and select the zip file which we downloaded earlier.
- After it gets completed, you can flash the GAPPS file in a similar fashion and get back using the back button and select “Reboot” and you are done!.
Well, if you have followed this tutorial step by step, you must be enjoying the tweaked up Stock experience on your phone.
Please make a note that this is a Custom ROM and hence, it may or may not have bugs. In case you come across any, please refer to the developer page of the ROM and report. The developers are working hard to get all the bugs fixed as soon as they can. So, please help the community to grow.
If you found this tutorial to your aid, please pay us a word in the comments section in the form of your comments/suggestions/quries as we’d like to hear from you to keep improving.