The LG Optimus One has been a massive hit both amongst the youth as well as every single category of androidians courtesy it’s highly rugged and tested capabilities which has also created many trendsetting milestones in the development of armv6 running droids. Besides this, the robust looker was amongst the few of pre-generation droids that received the healthy android 2.3 Gingerbread update. This phone has developed a huge developer community for itself as the number of ports as well as custom ROMs is still ticking up in numbers. Owing to this, this is also one of the very first armv6 phones that were capable enough to get a smooth and fully functional ICS android 4.0 update.
The list of custom ROMs is still counting (both CM7 and CM9 based ports) as we present to you this exciting yet reliable Custom ROM, the Dynamite ROM which is a Jelly Bean like themed ROM along with a lot of customizations over the CM9 android 4.0.4 ROM.
Features of this ROM:
One of the enticing features of this themed ROM is that you can get a touch of butter, sorry, not actually butter but the fact that you can have the taste of android 4.1 Jelly Bean without waiting much. Again, it is based on a tested CM9 ICS base ROM so that you won’t have to face a buggy experience.
Let’s have a look at some features of this ROM:
- Functional camera (preview, taking photo, recording video, no panorama)
- Full H/W acceleration with new adreno drivers, 3D modelling (yamato)
- Tethering & Hotspot (Bluetooth, USB and Wi-Fi)
- Usb Mass storage, Usb debugging
- Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, BT headset (music only)
- Funny SIM (128k USIMs)
- Calls, SMS, MMS, 3G/2G, Mobile data
- Data limit, IPv4, IPv6
- Stereo audio, headset
- GPS, Sensors, Lights, Touch screen
- Off-mode charging
- Browser, GMail, GPlay
- Youtube LQ/MQ
- FM Radio: not implemented in CM yet, use Spirit FM
Being done with all of that, let us proceed with our tutorial.
- Back up all apps using ASTRO File Manager. You can get the APK files using ASTRO and later restore it. Rooted users can use Titanium Backup which also backs up data along with the apps.
- Back up all contacts to SD card.
- Backup SMS on Android.
- Backup call log on Android.
- Have minimum 60% charge on your phone else you might get stuck while the update process is running on your device.
- Remove any security or Anti-virus app if you have them installed.
- Enable USB Debugging. This can be don by Settings>Applications>Development and making sure that USB Debugging is checked.
Disclaimer: Hack My Android is not responsible for any damage that your device may face during this process. The developer is also not responsible for the same. There are little chances that your device may face any issue. However, try this at your own risk. This process voids the warranty of your device.
Steps to Install ICS Custom ROM on LG Optimus One P500:
- Download the ROM zip file from the original thread.
- Copy the downloaded zip to the root folder of your sdcard.
- If you have ROM manager installed, you can proceed via it or Boot into the recovery mode.
- In the recovery mode, you can navigate using the volume buttons and select using menu/home button.
- Make a nandroid backup in recovery mode.
- Use these to navigate and select “Wipe” and then “Wipe data” and also consider wiping Dalvik cache if you don’t want to face “Low on memory” issues.
- Now, navigate through the interface choose “select zip from SD card” and select the zip file which we downloaded earlier.
- After it gets completed, you can flash the GAPPS file in a similar fashion and get back using the back button and select “Reboot” and you are done!.
Please! do not forget that this is a custom ROM and may/may not have bugs so please proceed at your own risk and help the developers’ commnunity 🙂
If you found this post useful, you can anytime head on to the comments section and leave us a word. Comments/Queries/Suggestions is what we need to keep improving.