It has hardly been a month since the Google Nexus 4 surfaced and stormed out the scene and after getting past the initial phases of development for the rich lad, its time for a few Custom ROMs to join the scene. Without any questions, the Google Nexus 4 sports the most gusty chipset present at this time and no wonder, the developers would be equally excited to tame down this beast of a performer. The four Krait cores ticking at a healthy 1.5Ghz of clockspeed coupled with the Adreno 320 graphics chip on the Qualcomm APQ8064 Snapdragon chipset are powerful enough to thrash out all the current flagships staight away and the best part with that amount of power is that it quotes “I am here to stay!”.
While the phone is brushing off the shelves at a similar pace it paces out all the competition courtesy the raw processing power that resides inside, no doubt a custom ROM based on a custom kernels will help it further emphasize its dominance over the older generation predators. If even you think the same, hop on and lets see whats inside this packed up zip which is the first flashable ROM for this amazing device!
- Back up all apps using ASTRO File Manager. You can get the APK files using ASTRO and later restore it. Rooted users can use Titanium Backup which also backs up data along with the apps.
- Back up all contacts to SD card.
- Backup SMS on Android.
- Backup call log on Android.
- Have minimum 60% charge on your phone else you might get stuck while the update process is running on your device.
- Remove any security or Anti-virus app if you have them installed.
- Enable USB Debugging. This can be don by Settings>Applications>Development and making sure that USB Debugging is checked.
Disclaimer: Hack My Android is not responsible for any damage that your device may face during this process. The developer is also not responsible for the same. There are little chances that your device may face any issue. However, try this at your own risk. This process voids the warranty of your device.
Steps to Install Jellytime AOSP Custom ROM on your Google Nexus 4:
- Download ROM zip file and Gapps zip file from the original thread.
- Copy both zip files to your SD card and turn off your phone.
- Boot your device into recovery mode and make a nandroid backup.
- After this, wipe data, cache and dalvik cache from the recovery mode.
- Go to mounts and storage menu and format /system.
- Select “Install zip from SD card”>”Choose zip from SD card” and select the ROM zip file. Flash it in the next screen.
- Go back and select “Reboot system now”.
Well if you found any errors while going through the flashy part, simply reboot into recovery and repeat the whole procedure again as this is a custom ROM and since it is still under development, it may make you face some problems while if you got through the process smoothly enough till your phone rebooted successfully, you might be enjoying the fresh installation on your phone.
If you have any suggestions/queries please leave us your word in the comments section and do tell us about your experience with this ROM! You can also reach us via the chatbox! We’ll be happy to help 🙂 .