It has been raining ROMs for the little yet powerful enough, our very own HTC pico/Explorer. Last time we had done the tutorial for the MIUIv4 ROM which was CM9 that is Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich based and now we have this surprisingly exclusive MIUI Jelly Bean ROM for our very own device. Yes, you got that right, its a full fledged MIUI ROM backed up with the OS which promises the best touch user experience in the slot, Android 4.1 Jelly Bean.
As amazing as it could be, the developers of the HTC explorer development community have done it again as this exclusive port can be hardly found on a handful of devices. To be very honest, most of us are still unheard about the existence of this ROM on the platform!
Here’s a preview slideshow for the ROM:
As this ROM is CM10 beta 2 based, it’ll be following the same bugs and not to mention the laggy lockscreen but that’s totally fine considering that the pico is anyhow a low end device!
Done with all those previews, let’s begin with our tutorial which will guide you through the flashing process of this ROM.
- Back up all apps using ASTRO File Manager. You can get the APK files using ASTRO and later restore it. Rooted users can use Titanium Backup which also backs up data along with the apps.
- Back up all contacts to SD card.
- Backup SMS on Android.
- Backup call log on Android.
- Have minimum 60% charge on your phone else you might get stuck while the update process is running on your device.
- Remove any security or Anti-virus app if you have them installed.
- Enable USB Debugging. This can be don by Settings>Applications>Development and making sure that USB Debugging is checked.
Disclaimer: Hack My Android is not responsible for any damage that your device may face during this process. The developer is also not responsible for the same. There are little chances that your device may face any issue. However, try this at your own risk. This process voids the warranty of your device.
Steps to Install MIUI Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean ROM on your HTC Explorer :
- Download the zip file from the original thread.
- Copy the downloaded zip to the root folder of your sdcard.
- Boot into recovery.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and flash the ROM zip file.
- Use these to navigate and select “Wipe” and then “Wipe data” and also consider wiping Dalvik cache if you don’t want to face “Low on memory” issues.
- Now, navigate through the interface choose “select zip from SD card” and select the zip file which we downloaded earlier.
- After it gets completed, you can flash the GAPPS file in a similar fashion and get back using the back button and select “Reboot” and you are done!.
Well, if you have followed this tutorial step by step, you must be enjoying the MIUI experience on your little pico.
Please make a note that this is a Ported ROM and hence, it may or may not have bugs. In case you come across any, please refer to the developer page of the ROM and report. The developers are working hard to get all the bugs fixed as soon as they can. So, please help the community to grow.
If you found this tutorial helpful or have any queries/suggestions to make, please leave us a word in the comments section 🙂