The HTC Explorer is selling out in masses and is on it’s way to become the new Generation Y favorite. The phone delivers some good performance considering the modest configuration on the HVGA display while it pleases with it’s HTC Sense UI on top with Android 2.3 Gingerbread. Gingerbread? don’t you think that sounds like something of the past now? Well if that is the case with you, we have a fully stable upgrade solution for you. But wait a minute. What if you get an extra bit of eye candy topped over this Android 4.0 upgrade?
Definitely, we are talking about none other than a fully stable MIUIv4 ROM for our little HTC Explorer. What that means? you are goin to get the latest and the best of eye popping Android experience and that too based on one of the most stable Android releases to date, Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich.
About the ROM:
This is a MIUIv4 ROM ported to HTC Explorer which combines the most exquisite user interface available in the market with a super smooth CM9 base. CM9 or Cyanogenmod 9 is a set of off market firmware from the best in the business, the Cyanogenmod team. CM9 is based upon Android 4.0.4 as source along with some high tweaking along the line to make your phone deliver as much as you expect from it without losing on the originality factor for the UI.
Here are some features of the ROM:
- Based of CM9[STABLE] build
- MIUI v4 ICS – 2.7.6
- 3 Way reboot menu
- Basic GAPPS included
- Root, Su, zipaligned …
- Updated auto brightness values to save on the battery department.
- DEODEX version
- Live Wallpapers pack
If you are done with all of that, let’s begin with our tutorial.
- Back up all apps using ASTRO File Manager. You can get the APK files using ASTRO and later restore it. Rooted users can use Titanium Backup which also backs up data along with the apps.
- Back up all contacts to SD card.
- Backup SMS on Android.
- Backup call log on Android.
- Have minimum 60% charge on your phone else you might get stuck while the update process is running on your device.
- Remove any security or Anti-virus app if you have them installed.
- Enable USB Debugging. This can be don by Settings>Applications>Development and making sure that USB Debugging is checked.
Disclaimer: Hack My Android is not responsible for any damage that your device may face during this process. The developer is also not responsible for the same. There are little chances that your device may face any issue. However, try this at your own risk. This process voids the warranty of your device.
Steps to Install CM9 MIUIv4 ICS ROM on your HTC Explorer :
- Download the zip file from the original thread.
- Copy the downloaded zip to the root folder of your sdcard.
- Boot into recovery.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and flash the ROM zip file.
- Use these to navigate and select “Wipe” and then “Wipe data” and also consider wiping Dalvik cache if you don’t want to face “Low on memory” issues.
- Now, navigate through the interface choose “select zip from SD card” and select the zip file which we downloaded earlier.
- After it gets completed, you can flash the GAPPS file in a similar fashion and get back using the back button and select “Reboot” and you are done!.
Well, if you have followed this tutorial step by step, you must be enjoying the MIUI experience on your little pico.
Please make a note that this is a Ported ROM and hence, it may or may not have bugs. In case you come across any, please refer to the developer page of the ROM and report. The developers are working hard to get all the bugs fixed as soon as they can. So, please help the community to grow.
If you found this tutorial to your aid, please pay us a minute in the comments section in the form of you Queries/Suggestions/Comments. We’ll be happy to listen from you.