Install Official CM9 ICS ROM on LG Optimus L3 E400
Being the smallest member of the new Optimus line up by LG, the LG Optimus L3 E400 has been generating a wholesome hype amongst both the youth as well as those who were a few buck short to make it to an Android handest that coupled good performance courtesy the snappy 800Mhz processor ticking along with 384Mb of RAM with the capable enough Adreno 200 GPU which is capable enough to take care of all the eye-candy that the QVGA resolution could deliver.
The phone has been shipping around with Android 2.3 Gingerbread topped with LG UI 2.0, but courtesy it’s inbuilt gigabyte of storage, this little guy has made it to the list of the very few entry level handsets to receive the healthy enough CM9 ICS ROM from the Cyanogenmod team. Yes! indeed, we are talking about some official Cyanogenmod9 support for your little droid which is enough of icing to make the taste go further unmatched to all of it’s competitors.
About the ROM:
CM9 or Cyanogenmod9 is one of the most stable set of off-market firmware from the masters for the cause, the Cyanogenmod team. What is so special about Cyanogenmod ROMs ? well, you can’t answer this till you experience it. It definitely gives a fresh breath to your droid while keeping the real feel of keeping the Android experience raw enough to keep in line with the originality clause. CM9 is based on Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich along with a lot of tweaks and customisable settings which allows access to some capabilities of your Android device to take the experience to the next level which stock ROMs can’t.
To fix blurry screen issue on this ROM, flash this kernel.[box_light]If you wish to run the stock ROM smoothly, you can check this custom kernel. As per a comment made by our reader Chingiz, this ROM has been made using
If you are done with that, let us proceed with our tutorial.
- Back up all apps using ASTRO File Manager. You can get the APK files using ASTRO and later restore it. Rooted users can use Titanium Backup which also backs up data along with the apps.
- Back up all contacts to SD card.
- Backup SMS on Android.
- Backup call log on Android.
- Have minimum 60% charge on your phone else you might get stuck while the update process is running on your device.
- Remove any security or Anti-virus app if you have them installed.
- Enable USB Debugging. This can be don by Settings>Applications>Development and making sure that USB Debugging is checked.
Disclaimer: Hack My Android is not responsible for any damage that your device may face during this process. The developer is also not responsible for the same. There are little chances that your device may face any issue. However, try this at your own risk. This process voids the warranty of your device.
For installation of ClockworkMod Recovery, follow this link.
Steps to Install Official CM9 ICS ROM on LG Optimus L3 E400 :
- Download the Official CM9 ICS ROM zip file from the original download page.
- Copy the downloaded zip to the root folder of your sdcard.
- You can boot into ClockworkMod recovery by turning off your phone and pressing the Volume Down button + Menu button + Power button simultaneously. An easier method is to use the Quick Boot (Reboot) App..
- In the recovery mode, you can navigate using the volume buttons and select using menu/home button.
- Make a nandroid backup in recovery mode.
- Use these to navigate and select “Wipe” and then “Wipe data” and also consider wiping Dalvik cache if you don’t want to face “Low on memory” issues.
- Now, navigate through the interface choose “select zip from SD card” and select the zip file which we downloaded earlier.
- After it gets completed, you can flash the GAPPS file in a similar fashion and get back using the back button and select “Reboot” and you are done!.
Holla! you’re home. If you have followed this tutorial by the lines, you must be enjoying Official CM9 ICS on you little Optimus L3.
Please make a note that this is an official ROM from the Cyanogenmod team, so if you facing any bugs, you can directly report to them as they’ll try their best to get all bugs fixed as soon as they can( don’t worry they are the best at it )
If you liked this post, please leave us a word or two in the comments section.
Any kind of Queries/Suggestions/Comments are always welcome to improve the Buffet on the serve for you.