The latest version of Cyanogenmod is CyanogenMod 9 and it is now available for HTC Sensation. CyanogenMod 9 Nightly builds have been available since May 4th and have been ported to many devices including HTC Sensation. Since this is an official build, chances are very less that you might face any issues. However, if you are coming from a ROM that is not CyanogenMod based, you may face some force close issues.
Before you install any ROM, it is recommended that you backup all data on your phone. In this tutorial we will tell you how to backup data on your phone and how to install CyanogenMod 9 on HTC Sensation.
The few points listed below will help you backup your data on HTC Sensation. It is very unlikely that you will lose data while rooting but it is always a good idea to backup before you proceed with any hacking activity on your device.
- Back up all apps using ASTRO File Manager. You can get the APK files using ASTRO and later restore it.
- Back up all contacts to SD card.
- Backup SMS on Android.
- Backup call log on Android.
- Make sure you have the recommended drivers installed.
- Have minimum 60% charge on your phone else you might get stuck while the update process is running on your device.
Disclaimer: Hack My Android is not responsible for any damage that your device may face during this process. The developer is also not responsible for the same. There are little chances that your device may face any issue. However, try this at your own risk.
Procedure to Install CyanogenMod 9 on HTC Sensation
To install CM9, follow the points given below. If you get stuck, remove battery and repeat this procedure.
- You should have rooted your phone and unlocked it from HTCDev.com.
- Make sure you install ClockworkMod Recovery on your phone. To do this, install ROM Manager and select “Flash ClockworkMod Recovery” and then select your device.
- Download Official CyanogenMod 9.
- Connect your phone to the computer via USB Cable in Mass Storage mode.
- Copy the downloaded zip file to your SD card, preferably in the root.
- Boot your phone into CWM Recovery using ROM Manager.
- Select “Wipe all data/factory reset’ and Wipe cache 7 dalvik cache.
- Go back and select “Install zip from SD card”>”Choose zip from SD card” and select the zip file you had placed to your SD card in Step 4.
- After flashing, go back and select “reboot system now”.
This will install CyanogenMod 9 on your HTC Sensation. To get market and other Google apps, download and flash Gapps zip file in the same way as mentioned above.
If you face any issues, feel free to use the comments section below 🙂