After the initial delay, the HTC One is finally seeding with a healthy seed rate to the shipment yards across the globe and as a result of that, the Taiwanese giant is finally getting better with the charts and pie diagrams. Although the overall number of sales is still lower than what it used to be the previous year, the first taste of profits after months of losses, the Taiwanese are hoping to get a bit more of the cake under the lights of none other than the great Ultrapixel metal clad flagship, the HTC One. The HTC One’s bootloader has already been unlocked and courtesy the enthusiasms that the developers have shown towards this Snapdragon 600 running beast, we have this P.A.C. ROM ready to be flashed onto your HTC One(If you are lucky enough to own ‘One’!).
Since the development on the HTC One is in it’s pretty early stages, this ROM has got a few bugs as listed under:
- In-Call Audio via headsets.
- LTE Radio.
- IR booster.
But apart from all these bugs, there is a very special thing about this ROM that it combines all the goodness of the various ROMs available across the turf.
Excited? Why not you find it yourself! Let’s begin with the installation of the ROM.
Before you proceed with the installation, we recommend you to backup all data on your phone. To make backups easily, you can read our complete backup guide. If you do not have device drivers installed, you can download them here. We are not responsible for any damage your device might face with this guide – the chances in this case are very less though.
Steps to Install Stock Firmware Version 1.43.720.2 on your HTC Explorer:
- Download the flashable zip file for the firmware from here and the gapps file from here.
- Connect your HTC One to the Computer via USB Cable and copy the ROM zip file to your internal sdcard which is the /sdcard/ folder.
- Disconnect your device from the PC and turn it off.
- Boot your device into ClockworkMod Recovery mode.
- Make a nandroid backup in the recovery mode so that you can revert back if you wish to.
- Wipe everything up or do a factory reset and wipe Dalvik cache if your want to avoid “low on system memory” problem.
- Select the option to apply an update zip, and select the zip file you copied to the internal sd card.
- Flash the zip file.
- Go back and select “Reboot system now”.
Please make a note that this boot up make take a bit longer than usual and hence be a little patient. If your phone booted up properly, let it get stable for a minute or two and hey! you’re home! Further, you can head to the original thread for more on this ROM. Feel free to leave your queries in the comments section or you can contact the author on Google Plus or you can head over to our Facebook page for some quick help either from us or the community members!