The Samsung Galaxy Grand has passed the first impression test with flying colors and with it’s bigger siblings already announced, it is high time for the Galaxy Grand to level up. While the original stock firmware has already been rooted, it is still does not makes things that interesting for the taking. While there haven’t been much of ROM development for the device, this modified pre-rooted ROM tries to compensate for that with some additional freebies on the serve like the Galaxy Note 2 Galley and Video Player apps!
- Back up all apps using ASTRO File Manager. You can get the APK files using ASTRO and later restore it. Rooted users can use Titanium Backup which also backs up data along with the apps.
- Back up all contacts to SD card.
- Backup SMS on Android.
- Backup call log on Android.
- Have minimum 60% charge on your phone else you might get stuck while the update process is running on your device.
- Remove any security or Anti-virus app if you have them installed.
- Enable USB Debugging. This can be don by Settings>Applications>Development and making sure that USB Debugging is checked.
- Make sure your phone is not locked to any network!
Before you proceed with the installation, we recommend you to backup all data on your phone. To make backups easily, you can read our complete backup guide. If you do not have device drivers installed, you can download them here. We are not responsible for any damage your device might face with this guide – the chances in this case are very less though.
Steps to Install Rooted Stock XXAMCD Firmware On Your Samsung Galaxy Grand I9082
- Download the Rooted Stock XXAMCD Firmware for Galaxy Grand I9082.
- Download Odin. It is the tool used to flash firmwares to Samsung devices.
- Turn off your phone and re-insert the battery.
- Boot it into download mode. To do this, press Volume Down + Home + Power button and you will see a Warning screen. Press the Volume up button and your device will enter into download mode.
- Open Odin and connect your device to the PC via USB cable. You should see the Com:Port section turn yellow in Odin. If it doesn’t, something is wrong with your device drivers.
- Click on PDA and select the extracted file from the one downloaded in the above steps.
- Make sure Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time in Odin are checked.
- Click on Start button in Odin.
- The Rooted firmware will be flashed to your Samsung Galaxy Grand.
Done with that, wait for the phone to take a reboot. If your phone booted up successfully, You’re home! Now you can enjoy the modified stock firmware on your phone! For more on this, you can head over to the original thread or leave your queries in the comments section or you can contact the author on Google Plus or you can head over to our Facebook page for some quick help either from us or the community members!