Samsung Galaxy S3’s stock ROM has been leaked and it has also been rooted by Chainfire a week before its release. Also, the Flipboard app got leaked followed by S-Voice app and now it is the TouchWiz UX Launcher which is the stock Launcher for Galaxy S3. To be precise, the title of this post should have been ‘Install Samsung Galaxy S3 TouchWiz UX Launcher on Galaxy S2″ but this may be compatible with Galaxy S too. Smando at XDA-Developers forums has ported this launcher from Samsung Galaxy S3 to Galaxy S2.
In this post we will tell you how to install this launcher on your phone. This launcher can not be installed as any normal apk file but it needs to be flashed via Recovery mode only. So make sure you have rooted your device (in case of CWM).
A known bug is that the launcher may force close when you try to add some 4×4 widgets.
Steps to Install TouchWiz UX Launcher
- Download ToucWizUX-1.3-5×5.zip.
- Connect your phone to the computer via USB Cable.
- Copy the downloaded zip file to your SD card.
- Remove your phone from the PC.
- Turn off your phone and boot it into recovery.
- Wipe cache and dalvik cache.
- Select the zip file and flash it.
- Go back and select “Reboot system now”.
Let us now how do you think the TouchWiz UX Launcher is 🙂
Via XDA Forums