We had recently released the tutorial on how to get your Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos Rooted and how to install ClockWorkMord Recovery on the device. While the device already ships with Android 4.1 Jelly Bean out of the box, Samsung has released this XXAMC1 Android 4.1.2 update package for the Galaxy Grand Duos. For those having their phones under the warranty period can get their phone updated via Kies while those who have got done with the Rooting of their phones can begin with this tutorial as it follows.
- Back up all apps using ASTRO File Manager. You can get the APK files using ASTRO and later restore it. Rooted users can use Titanium Backup which also backs up data along with the apps.
- Back up all contacts to SD card.
- Backup SMS on Android.
- Backup call log on Android.
- Have minimum 60% charge on your phone else you might get stuck while the update process is running on your device.
- Remove any security or Anti-virus app if you have them installed.
- Enable USB Debugging. This can be don by Settings>Applications>Development and making sure that USB Debugging is checked.
- Make sure your phone is not locked to any network!
Install XXAMC1 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Firmware on Galaxy Grand GT-I9082
Download Odin and Recovery package to your computer. Extract the contents of the firmware zip file. Now turn off your device and boot it into download mode. To do this, press volume down button and power button together till you see the Warning screen and then press the volume up button to log in. Open Odin and connect your device to the PC via USB Cable. Before your proceed, make sure the ID:Com section in Odin turns yellow. If not, you need to check your device drivers. Now click on the PDA button in Odin and select the .tar file form the extracted contents of the firmware zip file. Hit the Start button and wait till the software flashes the package file onto your phone’s file system.
Once the process is complete, your device will reboot and should be running the latest firmware that’s available for it at the current moment.
Feel free to leave your queries in the comments section or you can contact the author on Google Plus or you can head over to our Facebook page for some quick help either from us or the community members!