The Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc held the tag of the firm’s flagship for almost an year or so and still can kill the life out of it’s competition when it goes to the aesthetics department. The Xperia Arc has been one of the most sought after Sony Ericsson phones till date and apart from all the pre-launch criticisms considering the chipset used, the Arc outscored many of it’s dual core competition in straight figures for the number of sales. Casted in metal and a Ghz scorpion ticking on the Qualcomm MSM8255 Snapdragon chipset, the Arc stands tall as an answer to the clause that it doesn’t matters what’s inside, you got to live in reality. The critically acclaimed performance of the Sony Xperia UI has put the Xperia Arc a step ahead and as far as the aesthetics go, we got something in the stock for you.
We are talking about an Official MIUIv4 ICS ROM for your Xperia Arc/Arc S.
About the ROM:
Miui ROMs are one of the most aesthetically acclaimed off market ROMs which are known for obviously their eye-popping on screen candy as well as a very reserved yet functional User Interface. MIUIv4 is based on Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich (which seeded almost 2 months back from Sony) but what makes MIUIv4 different from the official ICS update is the use of customisable skins, a real time memory manager as well as a whole new way of interacting to your phone.
- Back up all apps using ASTRO File Manager. You can get the APK files using ASTRO and later restore it. Rooted users can use Titanium Backup which also backs up data along with the apps.
- Back up all contacts to SD card.
- Backup SMS on Android.
- Backup call log on Android.
- Have minimum 60% charge on your phone else you might get stuck while the update process is running on your device.
- Remove any security or Anti-virus app if you have them installed.
- Enable USB Debugging. This can be don by Settings>Applications>Development and making sure that USB Debugging is checked.
Disclaimer: Hack My Android is not responsible for any damage that your device may face during this process. The developer is also not responsible for the same. There are little chances that your device may face any issue. However, try this at your own risk. This process voids the warranty of your device.
Steps to Install Official MIUIv4 ICS ROM on Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc/Arc S :
- Download the zip file from the original thread.
- Copy the downloaded zip to the root folder of your sdcard.
- Boot into recovery mode(To boot in recovery mode, when the boot logo comes up, press volume[-] rapidly until ClockWorkMod flashes up).
- In the recovery mode, you can navigate using the volume buttons and select using menu/home button.
- Make a nandroid backup in recovery mode.
- Use these to navigate and select “Wipe” and then “Wipe data” and also consider wiping Dalvik cache if you don’t want to face “Low on memory” issues.
- Now, navigate through the interface choose “select zip from SD card” and select the zip file which we downloaded earlier.
- After it gets completed, you can flash the GAPPS file in a similar fashion and get back using the back button and select “Reboot” and you are done!.
If your phone booted up successfully you may be enjoying your phone with a whole new interface on the MIUIv4 ROM.
Please make a note that the mentioned Reboot may take longer than usual. If you are facing bootloops, Reboot your phone into recovery and clear the cache or try repeating the process again.
If you found this tutorial helpful, please do not forget to pay us a word in the comments section regarding this ROM or our work.
Suggestions/Comments/Queries are well awaited 🙂