No more leaks, the OTA update is finally here and you can download it on your Galaxy S3 right now. Samsung has rolled out the official Android 4,3 update few minutes back and we’ll help you flash it manually on your device. The OTA update has been rolled out for GT-I9300 in Ireland but can be flashed on any international Galaxy S3. To get the OTA update, you can go to Settings>About phone and check for software updates. The build number for the Android 4.3 update is XXUGMJ9.
Before you flash, you need to know that if you have rooted your device, flashing this firmware will revoke root access and you will have to root the device again. Also, flashing this firmware will not void the warranty of your device.
This process might require complete wipe of data on your device, hence we recommend you to read our data backup guide and also install the necessary drivers because this process requires a PC-mobile connection via USB.
- GALAXY GEAR Support
- TRIM Support (Makes the device much faster)
- ANT+ Support
- Core UI elements updated to the ones on the Galaxy S4 (Galaxy S4′s theme all over)
- New Samsung Keyboard
- GPU drivers have been updated (Higher GPU benchmark scores)
- New Lockscreen: Multiple Widgets, improved ripple effect than Android 4.1.2, ability to change clock size and set a personal message
- New Screen modes (From S4): Adapt Display and Professional Photo
- Driving mode
- Actionable notifications
- – Move-to-SD-card feature
- – New Camera mode : Sound and Shot
- – New Additions in Notification Centre
- – Completely revamped Settings UI (Tabbed interface – Exactly like the Galaxy S4)
- – Implementation of Voice controls (Let’s you control various parts of the phone using voice commands – Galaxy S4 feature)
- – New Samsung Apps: Calculator, Clock, Contacts, Gallery, Music
- – Full screen Samsung apps
- – New S-Voice (from Galaxy S4)
Country: Ireland (Vodafone)
Version: Android 4.3
Build date: Sat, 26 Oct 2013 03:29:22 +0000
Product Code: VDI
Steps to Flash Android 4.3 Update on Galaxy S3 I9300
- Download the firmware from the link given above.
- Unzip the contents of the zip file you downloaded.
- Download Odin3 v3.09 (From here or here)
- Extract Odin zip file and run Odin3 v3.09
- Turn off your phone and boot it into download mode by pressing Home+power+vol down buttons together.
- Connect the phone to the PC via USB cable.
- Add AP_I9300XXUGMJ9_I9300VFGGMJ5_I9300BUUGMJ3_HOME.tar .md5*to AP
- Make sure re-partition is*NOT*ticked
- Click on Start button and relax on your chair while the firmware is flashed.
- Once it is finished, turn off the device and boot into recovery mode by pressing Home+power+vol up buttons.
- Choose wipe data/factory reset. This will erase all data on your phone.
- Select “Reboot system now” and your device will boot into Android 4.3 Jelly Bean.