Looks like quite a lot of device are not getting Jelly Bean ROMs in the form on CyanogenMod 10 builds. It is now time for the Sony Xperia X10 Mini to get a Jelly Bean ROM. In this tutorial we will tell you how to install Jelly Bean on Sony Xperia X10 Mini. stelios97 at XDA forums has worked hard to get CyanogenMod 10 working on Sony Xperia X10 Mini and the project has been named as Jelly Bean Mini Project. This ROM is not fully completed yet and some of you may not install this ROM for daily use. But it does have quite a lot of things working and you can use it if you are too eager to experience the Jelly Bean user interface.
This ROM will be updated very frequently and hence more and more things will be working with every update. To get those updates, you can refer to the original thread, the link to which is present in the installation instructions.
This is not an official ROM and hence you need to wipe data to get this working on your device. Wiping data helps you prevent low memory issues and force closes. Before you wipe data on your device, make sure you backup all important data using the steps given in the Prerequisites section.
Before you proceed with the installation, make sure you have rooted your phone, installed ClockworkMod Recovery and unlocked the bootloader.
- Build from latest CM Source Code
- Nova launcher
- Resized for Ldpi (90%)
- Ldpi keyboard
- CyanogenMod Features
- Power Widget Toggles on Notification Bar (Can be disabled)
- Performance Settings
- Fixed grey gradient background
- Project Butter
- Fast and Smooth like “Butter”
Screenshots of Jelly Bean on Sony Xperia X10 Mini
- Back up all apps using ASTRO File Manager. You can get the APK files using ASTRO and later restore it. Rooted users can use Titanium Backup which also backs up data along with the apps.
- Back up all contacts to SD card.
- Backup SMS on Android.
- Backup call log on Android.
- Have minimum 60% charge on your phone else you might get stuck while the update process is running on your device.
- Remove any security or Anti-virus app if you have them installed.
- Enable USB Debugging. This can be don by Settings>Applications>Development and making sure that USB Debugging is checked.
Disclaimer: Hack My Android is not responsible for any damage that your device may face during this process. The developer is also not responsible for the same. There are little chances that your device may face any issue. However, try this at your own risk. This process voids the warranty of your device.
Steps to Install Jelly Bean on Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 Mini
- Download the ROM zip file and Kernel ftf file from the original thread.
- Connect your phone to the SD card and copy the ROM zip file from the Computer to your SD card.
- Having USB Debugging enabled and the necessary drivers installed, place the ftf kernel file in the firmwares directory.
- Use the flashtool to flash the ftf file to your device.
- After flashing the kernel, turn off your phone and boot it into recovery mode You can use the command adb reboot recovery to reboot into recovery mode.
- In recovery mode, wipe all data, cache and dalvik cache.
- Go to “install zip from SD card”>”Choose zip from SD card” and select the ROM zip file.
- Go back and select “Reboot system now”.
- To get Market and other Google apps working, you can flash Gooogle Apps zip file which can be obtained from goo.im/gapps
In this way you can install Jelly bean on Sony Xperia X10 Mini easily. If you face any issues, feel free to comment below 🙂