We just posted about a Jelly Bean OTA update leak for Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 and Sammobile has leaked yet another OTA update coming right from the freezers of Samsung. This one is for the Galaxy Note 10.1 GT-N8000 India. About the OTA update, Sammobile says:
This is the very first Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean TEST OTA Update for the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (GT-N8000). We wanted to give Samsung’s Die-Hard fans a taste of Jelly Bean before it’s officially released. This update will also help 3rd party Android Developers, like CyanogenMod Team, to improve their Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean custom ROMs for the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1.
OTA Firmware Details:
Android Version: 4.1.1 – JRO03C
Country: India (INU)
Build Date: September 7, 2012
OTA updates’ require a specific base firmware on which they can be flashed upon and are flashed through the stock Samsung Recovery.
This N8000DDALI1 Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean OTA update requires the user to be on N8000DDALH1 firmware.
In this OTA update we will tell you how to install this update on your Galaxy Note 10.1 manually so you do not need to wait for Samsung to push it to your device. Make sure you backup all data before you proceed.
- Back up all apps using ASTRO File Manager. You can get the APK files using ASTRO and later restore it. Rooted users have a better option of using Titanium Backup.
- Have minimum 60% charge on your device else you might get stuck while the update process is running on your device.
- Remove any security or Anti-virus app if you have them installed.
- Enable USB Debugging. This can be don by Settings>Applications>Development and making sure that USB Debugging is checked.
Disclaimer: Hack My Android is not responsible for any damage that your device may face during this process. The developer is also not responsible for the same. There are little chances that your device may face any issue. However, try this at your own risk. This process voids the warranty of your device.
Steps to Install Official Jelly Bean Update on Galaxy Note 10.1 GT-N8000
- Download the Base firmware required by the OTA Update, N8000DDALH1 – Get it from HERE.
- Extract the contents of the file to a separate folder in your PC.
- Download Odin.
- Boot your device into download mode (Press Power Button + Volume down).
- Open Odin.
- Connect your Note to the PC via USB Cable and wait until Odin recognizes it. If it doesn’t you should check your device drivers being properly installed on your PC.
- Click PDA button and select the file N8000DDALH1_N8000DDALH2_N8000DDLG5.tar.md5 to PDA.
- Make sure re-partition is NOT ticked
- Click on Start and wait for the firmware to be flashed.
- Download the N8000DDALI1 OTA Update from HERE.
- Copy the downloaded zip file to your SD card.
- Boot your tab into recovery mode (Press Power Button + Volume up).
- Select Apply update from External Storage and select the zip file you had copied to your SD card in step 11.
- After flashing the OTA update, select “Wipe Data/Factory Restore”. This will format your SD card.
- Go back and select “Reboot system now”.
Your Galaxy Note 10.1 must now be running Official Jelly bean update from Samsung. If you face any issues, feel free to comment below 🙂