Sammobile has leaked the Jelly Bean OTA update for Samsung Galaxy Tab 2.7.0 for Indian users. You can download the OTA update and flash it on your tablet right now instead of waiting for Samsung to push the update to your device.
About this OTA update, Sammobile says:
This is the very first Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean TEST OTA Update for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 (GT-P3100). We wanted to give Samsung’s Die-Hard fans a taste of Jelly Bean before it’s officially released. This update will also help 3rd party Android Developers, like CyanogenMod Team, to improve their Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean custom ROMs for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
OTA Firmware Details:
Android Version: 4.1.1 – JRO03C
Country: India (INU)
Build Date: September 8, 2012
OTA updates’ require a specific base firmware on which they can be flashed upon and are flashed through the stock Samsung Recovery.
This P3100DDBLI1 Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean OTA update requires the user to be on P3100DDBLH3 firmware
In this tutorial we will tell you how to flash the OTA update on your device right now. Before you proceed with the installation steps, make sure you backup all data on your tablet.
- Back up all apps using ASTRO File Manager. You can get the APK files using ASTRO and later restore it. Rooted users have a better option of using Titanium Backup.
- Have minimum 60% charge on your device else you might get stuck while the update process is running on your device.
- Remove any security or Anti-virus app if you have them installed.
- Enable USB Debugging. This can be don by Settings>Applications>Development and making sure that USB Debugging is checked.
Disclaimer: Hack My Android is not responsible for any damage that your device may face during this process. The developer is also not responsible for the same. There are little chances that your device may face any issue. However, try this at your own risk. This process voids the warranty of your device.
Steps to Install Official Jelly Bean Update on Galaxy Tab 2.7.0 GT-P3100
- Download the Base firmware required by the OTA Update, P3100DDBLH3 from HERE.
- Extract the contents of the file to a separate folder in your PC.
- Download Odin.
- Boot your device into download mode (Press Power Button + Volume down).
- Open Odin.
- Connect your tab to the PC via USB Cable and wait until Odin recognizes it. If it doesn’t you should check your device drivers being properly installed on your PC.
- Click PDA button and select the file P3100DDBLH3_P3100ODDBLH1_P3100DDLG1_HOME.tar.md5
- Make sure re-partition is NOT ticked
- Click on “Start” button and wait for the firmware to be flashed.
- After the base firmware has been flashed you nee to download the OTA update from here.
- Copy the downloaded zip file to your SD card.
- Boot your tab into recovery mode (Press Power Button + Volume up).
- Select Apply update from External Storage and select the zip file you had copied to your SD card in step 11.
- After flashing the OTA update, select “Wipe Data/Factory Restore”. This will format your SD card.
- Go back and select “Reboot system now”.
Your Samsung Galaxy Tab 2.7.0 GT-P3100 will now be running official Jelly Bean update from Samsung. If you face any issues, feel free to comment below 🙂