The LG Optimus L3 E400 does not have quite a lot of developers working on it since the device is new and hasn’t gained much attention. The CyanogenMod team paid some attention to the device and developed a CyanogenMod 9 ROM for this device which is still in nightly stage. It has been like that since months, hopefully it will be stable as soon as possible. A developer irberserk at androidworld.it forums has developed a MIUI ROM for LG Optimus L3. It is based on the aforementioned CyanogenMod 9 ROM and hence all bugs that exist in CM will exist in MIUI ROM. MIUI is a customROM developed by a chinese team and is also a popular custom ROM just like CyanogenMod.
If you manged to install CWM on your device, you can flash this ROM easily.
- After turning off the phone an restarting it, you might see the battery image. You need to long-press the power button to get past that and reboot successfully.
- Wireless tethering and Vodafone data connection don’t work.
- You might face some visual bugs.
- Back up all apps using ASTRO File Manager. You can get the APK files using ASTRO and later restore it. Rooted users have a better option of using Titanium Backup.
- Back up all contacts to SD card.
- Backup SMS on Android.
- Backup call log on Android.
- Have minimum 60% charge on your phone else you might get stuck while the update process is running on your device.
- Remove any security or Anti-virus app if you have them installed.
- Enable USB Debugging. This can be don by Settings>Applications>Development and making sure that USB Debugging is checked.
Disclaimer: Hack My Android is not responsible for any damage that your device may face during this process. The developer is also not responsible for the same. There are little chances that your device may face any issue. However, try this at your own risk. This process voids the warranty of your device.
Steps to Install MIUI ROM on LG Optimus L3 E400
- Download the ROM from the original thread. The current download link is http://www.mediafire.com/?wiphed46za6cs1c
- Copy the downloaded ROM zip file to your SD card. You can also download gapps for cm9 from goo.im/gapps and place the gapps zip file to your SD card.
- Turn off your phone and boot into CWM. If you don’t have it installed, read this.
- Make a nandroid backup in CWM.
- Now wipe data, cache, dalvik cache and system.
- Go back and select “Install zip from SD card”>”Choose zip from SD card” and select the zip file you copied to your SD card in Step 2.
- Flash the zip file in next screen.
- Go back and select “Reboot system now”.
Your phone must now be running the MIUI ROM.
Custom Kernel Overclocked to 1GHz
This is optional but the developer has also developed a kernel that can be used with both CM9 and MIUI. You can download it from here. You can use the app No frills CPU to overclock your phone.
If you face any issues, feel free to comment below or join our community.
Screenshot credit: Vidur David