So it looks like the LG Optimus L5 is one of the phones from the L-series that is receiving Jelly Bean love. Though this phone hasn’t seen too much development, other than a root and a working CWM for the ICS version. With this post, we’ll let you know how to update your LG Optimus L5 with official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware. You can do this using LG’s software update program on PC but you can not be sure that you will receive this update on the PC. Also, even if you receive the update on the PC, you may not able to install it properly on your device.
We recommend updating it using LG’s PC companion first and try this only if it doesn’t work. This update will also void root access on your phone (in case you already rooted it). It’s not a big deal anyway because you can root it again and also flash CWM.
- You need the device drivers which can be downloaded from our drivers page.
- Download V20a firmware (Jelly Bean).
- Download KDZ Updater (Unzip the files and make sure you run msxml file while you install the KDZ updater).
- Make sure you have backed up all data on your phone using our data backup guide because this process will wipe all data on your phone.
Steps to Update LG Optimus L5 to Jelly Bean
- Run KDZ udpater (KDZ_FW_UPD.exe) as admin.
- Select Type as 3GQCT and phone mode as Emergency as shown below:
- Connect your phone to PC in download mode. To do this, press and hold Volume down button while connecting it to the USB that is connected to the PC already.
- Once your phone is in download mode, select the V20a KDZ file in the KDZ Updater.
- Click on “Launch Software button’.
- The Jelly Bean firmware will now be flashed to your phone.
- The initial boot takes too long usually. But if you seem to be stuck on the boot scree, you can perform a hard reset by removing and re-inserting the battery and then press and hold Volume down + Center button + Power button together. This will reset your phone.
If you face any issues with this, feel free to comment below. We”ll be posting a rooting and CMW guide soon.
Latest posts by Lalit Indoria (see all)
- [DOWNLOAD] Android 4.3 for Sony Xperia Z & Xperia ZL Leaks - December 12, 2013
- Google Releases Android Device Manager App in the Play Store - December 12, 2013
- Unofficial CyanogenMod 11 Android 4.4 for the LG Optimus L5 [E610/E612/E617] - December 11, 2013