Sammobile, the best known source for firmware leaks from Samsung who recently leaked the Official OTA Jelly Bean updates for Galaxy Tab 2.7.0 and Galaxy Note 10.1 has leaked yet another most stable Jelly Bean firmware for Galaxy S3 which is I9300XXDLI5 minutes ago. About this leak, Sammobile says:
This build is very much near perfect so we believe that Samsung will actually start rolling out the Official Jelly Bean update for the Samsung Galaxy S III very soon. The day Samsung starts to roll out the official update you will be able to install the latest update through Kies or OTA update. We are getting leaks almost everyday so we believe that the final Official Jelly Bean update will be released in the next week.
I9300XXDLI5 Noticeable Changes:
- Maps compass is fixed
- Maps arrow for direction is fixed
- UI is smoother and faster
- Smart Stay Improved
- Very Stable
- No FCs
This is a PRE-RELEASE version so not official from KIES.
We want to give you BIG warnings if you want to test this firmware.
As this is a PRE-RELEASE firmware so expect some minor bugsFirmware Details:
Android Version: 4.1.1 – JRO03C (Jelly Bean)
Build Date: 9th September 2012
- Back up all apps using ASTRO File Manager. You can get the APK files using ASTRO and later restore it. Rooted users can use Titanium Backup which also backs up data along with the apps.
- Back up all contacts to SD card.
- Backup SMS on Android.
- Backup call log on Android.
- Have minimum 60% charge on your phone else you might get stuck while the update process is running on your device.
- Remove any security or Anti-virus app if you have them installed.
- Enable USB Debugging. This can be don by Settings>Applications>Development and making sure that USB Debugging is checked.
Disclaimer: Hack My Android is not responsible for any damage that your device may face during this process. The developer is also not responsible for the same. There are little chances that your device may face any issue. However, try this at your own risk. This process voids the warranty of your device.
Steps to Install I9300XXDLI5 Jelly Bean Firmware on Galaxy S3
- Download the firmware from the link given above under “Firmware Details”.
- Unzip the contents of the zip file to a separate folder in your PC.
- Open Odin which is already included in the zip file.
- Turn off your phone.
- Boot it into download mode (Home+power+vol down).
- Connect your phone to the PC via USB cable and make sure the “ID:Com” section in Odin turns yellow. If it doesn’t you may need to troubleshoot the device drivers on your PC.
- Click on PDA and select the file I9300XXDLI5_I9300OXADLI5_I9300XXDLI5_HOME.tar.md5 from the contents of the extracted zip file.
- Make sure re-partition NOT ticked
- Click on Start and let the firmware be flashed to your phone.
After this, your phone will reboot and you will be running the most stable build of Jelly Bean on your Samsung Galaxy S3. If you face any issues, feel free to comment below and we will be happy to help you!