It hasn’t been long since the official Android 4.3 build of the Samsung Galaxy S4 was leaked by Sammobile and there is yet another leak posted to the XDA forums. This time it is for the Galaxy Note II N7100. This post shows you how to flash the firmware on your Note 2 in case you don’t want to wait for an OTA update from Samsung.
The build is codenamed N7100XXUEMI6 and is a test build by Samsung. These test builds are made before Samsung pushes the OTA update so there might be some minor changes in the final build. So far there have been three builds compiled by Samsung and this is one among them that has been leaked.
Please note that this is the official firmware from Samsung and flashing this will not affect your device’s binary counter. It will also not void the warranty of your device. So you can feel free to flash it without being afraid of incurring warranty loss.
The core UI elements are quite similar to those that you see on the Note 3. The Android 4.3 update brings Samsung Knox and Samsung Wallet to your device. While the former works, the latter doesn’t seem to be able to connect to Samsung’s servers at the moment.
Country: Open Europe
Version: Android 4.3
Build date: Fri, 25 Sep 2013 18:06:49 +0000
Product Code: OXA
Download: AP_N7100XXUEM16_CP_N7100XXEM16_CSC_N7100XAEM16_BY_WVAZ_DINK.zip (Password: wagnervaz)
Flashing this firmware will revoke root access in case you have already rooted your device. So you may need to root this firmware yet again to enjoy the benefits of rooting.
Steps to Flash Official Android 4.3 on Galaxy Note 2
- Download the firmware from the link above and place it in a folder on your PC.
- Make sure you have downloaded the necessary drivers for your device.
- In case you don’t want to lose data on your device, you can read our data backup guide.
- Download Odin3 v3.09 (From here or here). Extract Odin and run it on your PC.
- Boot your phone into download mode. To do this, press and hold Home + Power + Volume down buttons.
- Connect the phone to the PC via USB cable and wait for Odin to recognize the connection.
- Add AP_N7100XXUEM16_CP_N7100XXEM16_CSC_N7100XAEM16_BY_WVAZ_DINK.tar to AP
- Make sure re-partition is not checked.
- Click on Start button on Odin and the firmware will be flashed to your device.
- In case you encounter any issue, boot into recovery mode and wipe data/factory reset. This will wipe all data on your device.
This will install official Android 4.3 on your Samsung Galaxy Note 2. In case you face any issues, feel free to comment below.