The CyanogenMod team has been extending support to various devices and providing them with Android 4.3 ROMs thus enabling users to experience Android 4.3 on their devices. One among those devices is the HTC Droid DNA. You don’t need to depend on the OEMs for an official update, instead you can just install a CyanogenMod 10.2 ROM on your device. This gives you all stock Android 4.3 features plus CyanogenMod features too.
CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.
The nightly version of CyanogenMod 10.2 is available on CyanogenMod’s official website and an update is available every 3-4 days. Several issues are fixed with every update unless the developers arrive at a stable ROM.
As of now, the only issue with this ROM as stated by the developer is that Bluetooth audio skips – apparently, for now, using the performance or conservative governor will fix it.
Steps to Install CyanogenMod 10.2 Android 4.3 on Verizon HTC Droi DNA
- Download the ROM zip file from CyanogenMod’s website (latest version).
- Download Gapps zip file from goo.im/gapps (download Gapps for Android 4.3 latest version).
- Make sure you have a backup of all data on your device. If not, read our data backup guide.
- Place both downloaded zip files in your device’s storage.
- Boot into recovery mode and wipe data/factory reset and wipe cache partition.
- Go to Advanced menu and wipe dalvik cache.
- Go back and select “Install zip from SD card”>”Choose zip from SD card” and select the ROM zip file to flash it.
- Similarly, flash the Gapps zip file.
- Go back and select “Reboot system now”.
This should install CyanogenMod 10.2 Android 4.3 on your Verizon HTC Droid DNA. If you face any issues, feel free to comment below.