CyanogenMod 9 is the latest version of CyanogenMod and now it has come to HTC Sensation. This is a CyanogenMod 9 Nightly Build which means that the ROM has been compiled from the official sources which is the Github of CyanogenMod. In this tutorial we will tell you how to install Cynaogenmod 9 Nightlies on your HTC Sensation. Before you proceed with the installation, kindly backup all the data on your phone as you may need to wipe data if you are not on an official CyanogenMod ROM. The best option is to have a nandroid backup. But before you perform a nandroid backup, make sure you have enough space on your external memory.
It is very unlikely that you will lose any data on your device but if you are stuck at some position you may need to perform a factory reset. Having a backup is good in such situations!
- Back up all apps using ASTRO File Manager. You can get the APK files using ASTRO and later restore it. Rooted users can use Titanium Backup which also backs up data along with the apps.
- Back up all contacts to SD card.
- Backup SMS on Android.
- Backup call log on Android.
- Have minimum 60% charge on your phone else you might get stuck while the update process is running on your device.
- Make a nadndroid backup so that you can revert back if you wish to.
Disclaimer: Hack My Android is not responsible for any damage that your device may face during this process. The developer is also not responsible for the same. There are little chances that your device may face any issue. However, try this at your own risk.
Steps to Install CyanogenMod 9 Nightly on HTC Sensation
- Download the ROM zip file | Gapps zip file and use ROM Manager to flash the ROM. If you do not have ROM Manager or if it does not work due to some reasons, follow the steps given below.
- Connect your phone to the computer via a USB Cable and copy the downloaded zip file to the root of your SD card. This ensures that you do not need to search a lot when you are in the recovery mode.
Optional: If you are already in the recovery mode and forgot to place the file in your SD card, you can use Aroma File Manager as it runs in the recovery mode.
- Remove your phone from the PC and boot into recovery mode. To do this, turn off your phone and press Volume Down + Power button. In the HBoot menu, select the Recovery mode option.
- If you are not on a Cyanogenmod ROM, select Wipe and Wipe data, cache and dalvik cache.
- Go to install zip from SD Card and select the zip file you had copied to your SD card in step 2.
- Similarly, flash the Gapps zip file to get Market and other Google apps working on your phone.
- Go back and select reboot system now.
This helps you install the Cyanogemod 9 Nightly ROM on your HTC Sensation. If you face any issues, feel free to comment below