It happens with almost all devices that the official Ice Cream Sandwich ROM gets leaked right before it is released by the manufacturer. This time, it is the Verizon HTC Droid Incredible 2 to get an Ice Cream Sandwich ROM. This is not a custom ROM, but it is based on a leaked RUU ( a software package that HTC uses in its devices). XDA forum member nitsuj17 has posted this ROM which can be downloaded an installed on your Droid Incredible 2 right now if you do not want to wait for the official update which HTC has promised to push to your devices by the end of August.
The ROM comes with HTC Sense 3.6 UI and is built on Ice Cream Sandwich. It does have a few tweaks made by the developer.
- Android 4.0.4
- Sense 3.6
- Kernel 3.0.16 (insecure boot)
- 7.01.605.01 test-keys
- deodexed (userdebug)
- build date: mid July
- busy box
- kernel repacked for ext4 vs ext3
- kernel repacked to remove new htc /lib partition for use on all hboots
- remove htc linkify crap (app associations as a result of apple lawsuit)
- removed a lot of the HTC log/testing utilities that are present (they’re neat to play with sorta, but the avg user would get annoyed by their notifications always being on)
- moved some stuff to /data because older hboots don’t support /lib and /lib needs to be back in /system/ (which didn’t have the room for it all)
If you are eager to install ICS on your device before the OTA is releasaed, head over to the original thread to install this ROM.