As we mentioned in our previous posts, Samsung has been rolling out official updates for all the variants of Samsung Galaxy S2 but it was based on regions starting from Europe. This time it is for China and Chinese Galaxy S2 I9100G users can now update their phone with the official Ice Cream Sandwich firmware for their phone using this tutorial. If you are on a custom ROM, you will need to wipe all data. Hence it is recommended to backup everything before you proceed with the installation. The steps to backup data are also available in this tutorial.
Please note that you can flash this firmware only if your device is not network locked. If it is locked to any network you will need to unlock it and then proceed with the installation steps. Also, you need not be rooted to do this. If you already have a rooted device, then you will lose root access after flashing this firmware because it is an official firmware.
It is very unlikely that you will lose any data on your device but if you are stuck at some position you may need to perform a factory reset. Having a backup is good in such situations!
- Back up all apps using ASTRO File Manager. You can get the APK files using ASTRO and later restore it. Rooted users can use Titanium Backup which also backs up data along with the apps.
- Back up all contacts to SD card.
- Backup SMS on Android.
- Backup call log on Android.
- Have minimum 60% charge on your phone else you might get stuck while the update process is running on your device.
Disclaimer: Hack My Android is not responsible for any damage that your device may face during this process. The developer is also not responsible for the same. There are little chances that your device may face any issue. However, try this at your own risk.
Steps to Install ZCLP5 Official ICS Firmware on Samsung Galaxy S2 GTI9100G
- Download ZCLP5 Firmware for Samsung Galaxy S2 GTI9100G.
- Download Odin 1.85
- Unzip the ROM zip file to a separate folder in your PC.
- Turn off your phone.
- Boot it into download mode. To do this, press the Volume Down + Center button + Power button.
- Open Odin and then connect your phone to the PC.
- The ID:Com section in Odin must turn yellow. If it doesn’t please do not proceed to the next step.
- Click on PDA and select the .md5 file as given in the image below. Also check Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time in Odin.
[The above image is just an example. You need to select files other than PDA]
- Click on the buttons given below and the files adjacent to them:
PIT: omap4_all_20110627_CHN_OPEN_emmc.pit BOOTLOADER: I9100G_APBOOT_I9100GZCLP5_CL440504_REVr07_user_low _ship.tar.md5 PDA: I9100G_CODE_I9100GZCLP5_CL440504_REVr07_user_low_s hip.tar.md5 PHONE: MODEM_I9100GZCLP5_REV_00_CL1130849.tar.md5 CSC: GT-I9100G-MULTI-CSC-OZHLP5.tar.md5
- Click on Start and the firmware will be flashed on your phone.
To fix force close issues, just boot into recovery and wipe cache.