We received quite a lot of messages asking about the official ICS for Galaxy S2 I9100G but it seems like Samsung made them wait for long. Finally, your wait has come to an end and official Ice Cream Sandwich Update for Galaxy S2 I9100G is here. You can either connect your device to KIES and update it or you can manually flash it using Odin using the tutorial we have given below. The ICS firmware is known as XXLPQ which can be easily flashed via Odin.
Please note that this firmware is for Indian I9100G but it should also work on all I9100G devices. I would also recommend you to make a nandroid backup before you try this.
Also note, if you have already rooted your phone or if you are using a custom ROM which comes pre-rooted, root access will be revoked after applying this firmware and you will have to root your device again to enjoy the benefits of using apps that require root privileges. Also, if you are on a custom ROM you will need to wipe data to prevent force close issues. If you are on the stock ROM, you don’t need to worry about it.
It is very unlikely that you will lose any data on your device but if you are stuck at some position you may need to perform a factory reset. Having a backup is good in such situations!
- Back up all apps using ASTRO File Manager. You can get the APK files using ASTRO and later restore it. Rooted users can use Titanium Backup which also backs up data along with the apps.
- Back up all contacts to SD card.
- Backup SMS on Android.
- Backup call log on Android.
- Have minimum 60% charge on your phone else you might get stuck while the update process is running on your device.
Disclaimer: Hack My Android is not responsible for any damage that your device may face during this process. The developer is also not responsible for the same. There are little chances that your device may face any issue. However, try this at your own risk.
Steps to Install XXLPQ ICS on Galaxy S2 I9100G
- Download XXLPQ Firmware for Galaxy S2 I9100G from here. (Alternative links- Link1 | Link2) and you will get a file named I9100XWLPD_I9100NEELP4_NEE.zip.
- Download Odin.
- Extract the contents of the downloaded file to a separate folder in your PC to get the file named I9100GXXLPQ_I9100GODDLP7_I9100GDDLP5_HOME.tar.md5. There would be another file which can be ignored.
- Turn off your phone and boot it into download mode by Press Volume Down button + Center Button + Power Button.
- Open Odin and then connect your phone to the PC.
- The ID:Com section in Odin must turn yellow. If it doesn’t please do not proceed to the next step.
- Click on PDA and select the file which we had mentioned in Step 3.
- Also check Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time in Odin.
- Click on Start and wait until Odin says “Finished” in green background.
In this way you can easily flsh XXLPQ ICS Firmware on Galaxy S2 I9100G. If you have any issues, feel free to comment below 🙂