Did you think that Samsung Galaxy S3 was the only device that has been receiving leaked Jelly Bean firmwares? No, it;s the Samsung Galaxy S2 Epic 4G Touch this time. So yeah, Android 4.1 Jelly Bean for the Epic 4G Touch is here and all set to be flashed right into your phone’s system and yes, this is the official one Samsung is working on. You expect no bugs from the official firmwares but also be prepared for a worse condition. In this post we will guide you through rte process of backing up data on your phone and flashing the touchwiz-ified Jelly Bean on your Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch.
Oh well, before you go ahead and fire up Odin, let me lure you with these screenshots I grabbed from XDA forums, thanks to folks at XDA (wish I could name them).
- Back up all apps using ASTRO File Manager. You can get the APK files using ASTRO and later restore it. (Rooted users can use Titanium Backup which also backs up data along with the apps.)
- Back up all contacts to SD card.
- Make sure you have the latest version of Samsung Kies installed on your phone which anyways is required to get all the latest USB Drivers for your phone.
- Backup SMS on Android.
- Backup call log on Android.
- Have minimum 60% charge on your phone else you might get stuck while the update process is running on your device.
- Remove any security or Anti-virus app if you have them installed.
- Enable USB Debugging. This can be don by Settings>Applications>Development and making sure that USB Debugging is checked.
- Make sure your phone is not locked to any network!
Disclaimer: Hack My Android is not responsible for any damage that your device may face during this process. The developer is also not responsible for the same. There are little chances that your device may face any issue. However, try this at your own risk. This process voids the warranty of your device because Samsung has not released it officially.
Steps to Install Leaked Jelly Bean on Galaxy S2 Epic 4G Touch
- Download the latest build of the Jelly Bean firmware from the original thread.
- Extract the contents of the zip file to a separate folder in your PC.
- Turn off your phone.
- Boot it into download mode. To do this, press the Volume Down + Center button + Power button.
- Open Odin and then connect your phone to the PC.
- The ID:Com section in Odin must turn yellow. If it doesn’t please do not proceed to the next step.
- Click on PDA and CSC and select the files as given in the image below: [Click to enlarge]
- Click on Start.
Your device will reboot on success and your Samsung Galaxy S2 Epic 4G Touch will be running official Jelly bean from Samsung, Face any issues, leave a comment below.