Yet another ICS firmware for Samsung Galaxy S2 GT I9100. This time Samsung has pushed out ICS to Galaxy S2 devices in Nordic countries and hence it is the official firmware for Nordic countries. However, this update can be applied to all Galaxy S2 devices irrespective of their countries. Please note that this firmware will work only for Galaxy S2 Gt I9100 and not on any other variant of Samsung Galaxy S2. To apply this firmware, your phone should not be locked to any carrier Kindly unlock it and try this procedure.
Also note, after applying this firmware, root access to your device will be revoked and you will have to root the XWLPD firmware again. If you are on a custom ROM you will need to wipe data but if you are on an official ROM you don’t need to wipe data. However, it is always a good idea to backup everything before you proceed.
It is very unlikely that you will lose any data on your device but if you are stuck at some position you may need to perform a factory reset. Having a backup is good in such situations!
- Back up all apps using ASTRO File Manager. You can get the APK files using ASTRO and later restore it. Rooted users can use Titanium Backup which also backs up data along with the apps.
- Back up all contacts to SD card.
- Backup SMS on Android.
- Backup call log on Android.
- Have minimum 60% charge on your phone else you might get stuck while the update process is running on your device.
Disclaimer: Hack My Android is not responsible for any damage that your device may face during this process. The developer is also not responsible for the same. There are little chances that your device may face any issue. However, try this at your own risk.
Steps to Install XWLPD ICS Firmware on Samsung Galaxy S2
- Download XWLPD Firmware for Samsung Galaxy S2 and also Download Odin if you don’t have it downloaded already.
- Extract the contents of the zip file to a separate folder in your PC.
- Turn off your phone.
- Boot it into download mode. To do this, press the Volume Down + Center button + Power button.
- Open Odin and then connect your phone to the PC.
- The ID:Com section in Odin must turn yellow. If it doesn’t please do not proceed to the next step.
- Click on PDA and select the I9100XWLPD_I9100XXLPW_I9100NEELP4_HOME.tar.md5 file as obtained from extracted contents of the zip file. Also check Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time in Odin.
- Click on Start and the XWLPD Firmware will be flashed on your Samsung Galaxy S2 GT I9100.
If you have any issues in installing XWLPD Firmware on your Galaxy S2, please let us know in the comments section below 🙂