The HTC Explorer has been receiving some massive amount of development from the people at the XDA but the one thing that itches most of the palms is the stability factor. Stability of their phone is the most important factor for those who live on the go. They can’t go out with the need of flashing the ROMs again and again because of some bugs that sprout up while using custom ROMs. For them, its the stock ROM which can take care of those who can do without the extra bit of leisure but stability.
It’s the senior XDA member, JaggyJags, who made the first ever custom ROM for the pico has once again approached to the aid of the pico owners. He has collected different leaked RUUs and and has built different stock ROMs according to the different regions.
The RUUs are:
The apart from containing the stock conditions within, the best part about these ROMs is that they can be flashed via CWM recovery.
Want some help out there? let’s begin!
- Back up all apps using ASTRO File Manager. You can get the APK files using ASTRO and later restore it. Rooted users can use Titanium Backup which also backs up data along with the apps.
- Back up all contacts to SD card.
- Backup SMS on Android.
- Backup call log on Android.
- Have minimum 60% charge on your phone else you might get stuck while the update process is running on your device.
- Remove any security or Anti-virus app if you have them installed.
- Enable USB Debugging. This can be don by Settings>Applications>Development and making sure that USB Debugging is checked.
Disclaimer: Hack My Android is not responsible for any damage that your device may face during this process. The developer is also not responsible for the same. There are little chances that your device may face any issue. However, try this at your own risk. This process voids the warranty of your device.
Steps to Install HTC SenseUI 3.5 Stock Gingerbread ROM on your HTC Explorer :
- Download the desired zip file (after entering the mediafire portal, choose the file carefully as it is region dependent corresponding to the build of your device) from this link.
- Copy the downloaded zip to the root folder of your sdcard.
- Boot into recovery.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and flash the ROM zip file.
- Select “Wipe” and then “Wipe data” and also consider wiping Dalvik cache if you don’t want to face “Low on memory” issues.
- Now, navigate through the interface choose “select zip from SD card” and select the zip file which we downloaded earlier.
- Get back using the back button and select “Reboot” and you are done!.
It’s good to be home it seems. What’s your cut? If you have gone through all the steps in this tutorial, you may be enjoying the best UI available in the market, that too, under stock conditions!
For any queries/suggestions, please leave us a word in the comments section.