The biggest question that crosses your mind while you are purchasing a software is: ‘Is this worth my money?’ Obviously you wouldn’t want to spend your money on a software that might not turn out as good as its ad or maybe turns out to be a scam in the end. When it comes to a tracking app, your concerns are bigger than that. When I was told to review Xnspy, a tracking and monitoring software, my first thought was that, is it something I would like to invest my money on? So, I used the app for a month and here’s what I think about it:
It has a comprehensive set of features
Xnspy comes in basic and premium editions. The former consists of basic features that define any monitoring app, such as:
- Monitoring of text messages, emails, contacts and call logs
- Viewing internet browsing history
- Tracking location
- Browsing gallery and multimedia files on the target device.
The premium edition on the other hand, is quite ahead of the basic one and includes more features like:
- Surround recording: Using this feature you can record the surrounding sounds of the target device. the app records surround sounds stealthily, not letting the target person suspect anything.
- Watch-listing words and contacts: You can mark some words and tick off some contacts on the target device. Every time those words appear in the device (in text messages, emails or IM chats) or the person you’re tracking gets in touch with the specified contact, you receive an alert.
- Geo-fencing: Just like words and contacts, you can also specify certain locations. Whenever the app detects that the device has entered a marked area, you are immediately notified.
- App viewing and blocking: Xnspy allows whatsapp monitoring and screening of other messenger apps such as ‘Viber’, ‘Line’, ‘Skype’ and ‘Kik’. Not only can you view the content of the apps but you can also block them if you wish.
- Remotely control: This feature lets you remotely lock the device and erase its data.
I used the premium edition of the app and all the features worked fine for me. As far as the coverage of the target device is concerned, I think Xnspy does offer a set of comprehensive features in that regard. I mean, it practically gives you an access to the entire content of the target device.
Affordable but does not offer a free trial
In my opinion, the selling point of Xnspy is its low price and affordability. Both the editions of the app are fairly priced: the basic edition costs $8.33 while the premium edition costs $12.49. The payment methods are also flexible as the company offers a monthly as well quarterly and yearly payment options. While I am impressed with the low prices and comprehensive features, I feel that not offering a free trial is a drawback.
Easy to download
To download the app you first need to purchase it; once the payment is done, you are provided with a download link via an Email and the username and password for your personal control panel. The control panel can be accessed through xnspy website and is used to monitor the target device. The downloading link is supposed to be opened on the target device and as soon as you open it, the app downloads on the device in a few minutes. The good thing is it runs in stealth mode, not letting the target person know about its presence in their phone.
Works on both iOS and Android devices
The app is compatible with both Android and iOS devices (cellphones and tablets) but for using the app on multiple devices you need to purchase the app separately for each device. For example, if you have two kids and you want to monitor both of them you would have to purchase the app separately for both of their devices. But, the good thing is that you can use the same control panel for monitoring them.
Once installed, Xnspy goes into a hiding mode and does not appear in any form on the target device. It runs smoothly and does not drain the battery, as much as I thought it would. It provides instant alerts and the control panel is quite easy to use. It’s not as fast as I expected but I wouldn’t say it’s slow as it gives a decent performance.
So, let’s jump back to our initial question: Is Xnspy worth your investment? I would say yes. It’s a smooth performer that provides text and call screening along with IM Chats tracking, most importantly Whatsapp monitoring. It provides a comprehensive coverage and does its job well. It does have its share of drawbacks but considering its price the kind of performance it provides makes it worth your investment.