The HTC One which was previously known as HTC M7 has been rooted. The method is really simple and you just need to flash a recovery image by issuing some fastboot commands and flash the rooting zip via CWM. Oh yes, unlocked botoloader is needed and hence loss of warranty.
The HTC One is the most powerful device from HTC till date and has not even been launched worldwide. We are expecting it here in India tomorrow. Developers are too quick in rooting devices as soon as they get their hands on the device. HTC One is no exception and can be rooted easily too! Before you ask me what rooting means, you can refer Goutam’s post about it. Once you root your phone, you will be able to use apps that require root access, the popular ones being Titanium Backup, Juice Defender, Tasker and much more.[box_light]While this process requires unlocked bootloader, the warranty of your device will be void after this. Hack My Android not liable for any damage to your device or loss of warranty. Before you proceed with any hacking process on your phone, it is always advisable to have a backup of data on your phone using our backup guide and also install the necessary drivers because you will be flashing the recovery image using your PC.[/box_light]
Unlock Bootloader – To unlock the bootloader of your device, you need to go to HTCDev.com and follow the instructions you see there.
How To Root HTC One & Flash CWM
- You need to first download the recovery image for your device:
Download touch version
Download non-touch version
- You must be having all ADB files on your PC in a separate folder which we will refer to as the “Android” folder. If you don’t have them, download from here and learn how to use ADB commands.
- Place the recovery file you downloaded in Step 1 in the Android folder and rename it as recovery.img
- Connect your phone to the PC via USB cable and make sure USB Debugging is turned ON.
- Open Command Prompt in the Android folder and issue the command:
adb reboot bootloader
- When you enter the HBoot menu, select the bootloader option.
- To flash the recovery image, issue the command:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- To reboot your phone, type the command:
- If your phone boots up properly download this zip file and place it in your device’s SD card.
- Enter this command to reboot into CWM:
adb reboot recovery
- When your device boots into CWM, select “Install zip from SD card”>”Choose zip from SD card” and select the zip file you copied to your SD card in Step 9.
- Flash it in the next screen.
- Go back and select “Reboot system now”.
Your device must now be rooted. If you face any issues, feel free to comment below.