There are quite a lot of tutorials which let you root your device but you would always prefer the one which is easiest and safest. RegawMod EVO 4G LTE Rooter is one such tool which lets you root HTC Evo 4G LTE with a single click. Along with this, the tool also unlocks the bootloader of the device and then flashes recovery image which would be helpful in installing custom ROMs on your phone.
If you are familiar with the bootloader unlocking process, you would know that it is possible to unlock HTC phones bootloader only by heading over to HTCDev.com where you need to register, confirm your email and then proceed with the steps to unlock the bootloader. Using this tool, you can actually skip all those steps. This tool automates the whole task though it uses HTCDev.com to unlock your phone’s bootloader. This makes the tool a unique one among all other, thanks to XDA member, regaw_leinad.
In this tutorial we will tell you how to root your device followed by all other hacking process. This tutorial wipes the data in your phone. Kindly make sure that you have a backup of all data on your phone. If you don’t you can follow the steps below which will help you in backing up data on your phone.
- Back up all apps using ASTRO File Manager. You can get the APK files using ASTRO and later restore it.
- Back up all contacts to SD card.
- Backup SMS on Android.
- Backup call log on Android.
- Make sure you have KIES installed which would get you the recommended drivers.
- Have minimum 60% charge on your phone else you might get stuck while the update process is running on your device.
Disclaimer: Hack My Android is not responsible for any damage that your device may face during this process. The developer is also not responsible for the same. There are little chances that your device may face any issue. However, try this at your own risk.
- RegawMOD Evo 4G LTE Rooter – 32 Bit | 64 Bit.
- .Net 4.0 (If you don’t have it installed)
- HTC Drivers
Install .NET and HTC Drivers on your computer. If you have used Google Wallet, make sure you reset it by going to Menu>Settings>Reset Google Wallet.
Three videos are also provided at the end of this post for your reference!
Procedure to Root HTC Evo 4G LTE
- Enable USB Debugging on your phone by going to Menu>Settings>Developer Options.
- After you have downloaded the rooter from the link above, unzip the contents of the zip file to a separate folder. Leave both “RegawMOD EVO 4G LTE Rooter.exe” and “AndroidLib.dll” in the folder together.
- From the contents of the extracted zip file, run the file “RegawMOD EVO 4G LTE Rooter”.
- Connect your phone to the computer via USB Cable.
- A screen would popup on the computer where you need to click on “Root Me”.
- Your phone will reboot after which you will be asked to unlock bootloader from HTCDev. Click on Yes to unlock the bootloader.
- A screen appears on your phone. Press Volume Up button and select Yes by pressing the Power button. This will erase data on your phone but will also unlock the bootloader.
- Click continue on your computer after this.
- Your phone will reboot. Just skip the setup process and again enable USB Debugging.
- After this, your phone will reboot a few times. During this process your phone will be rooted and recovery will be installed. To confirm that your phone is rooted, check for the Superuser app in the applications menu.
If this does not work, try to repeat the process or watch the video given below: