Hosting the flag in the dual core march, LG set the pace by launching the world’s first dual core mobile phone, the Optimus 2X. LG was flying high in the dual core era as its flagship, the 2X came out to be one of the most reliable handsets of all time, while it still has some unique tricks of its own viz. the 1080p HD video playback which still most of the dual cores can’t. LG was again one of the first giants to make its announcement in the launch of the first breed of the new beasts, the Quad cores. But somehow, LG took much of time through the development of this device but as it goes, last but not the least, it’s here. The LG Optimus 4X HD is finally here and ready to announce its metal in the quad-core world while relying on the trustworthy nvidia Tegra-3 chipset (1.5Ghz quad core along with a lower power companion core). It’s nothing but the remake to a blockbuster but, in HD.
With its predecessor being one of the all time favourites at the XDA forums, the 4X has already started to receive its share of development as we are here to present to you a step by step tutorial to root you LG Optimus 4X HD.
Disclaimer: Hack My Android is not responsible for any damage that your device may face during this process. The developer is also not responsible for the same. There are little chances that your device may face any issue. However, try this at your own risk. This process voids the warranty of your device.
- You must have android-SDK installed with all the generic addons.
- You should be having some experience in using the command-prompt.
- Back up all apps using ASTRO File Manager. You can get the APK files using ASTRO and later restore it. Rooted users can use Titanium Backup which also backs up data along with the apps.
- Back up all contacts to SD card.
- Backup SMS on Android.
- Backup call log on Android.
- Have minimum 60% charge on your phone else you might get stuck while the update process is running on your device.
- Remove any security or Anti-virus app if you have them installed.
- Enable USB Debugging. This can be don by Settings>Applications>Development and making sure that USB Debugging is checked.
Steps to Root Your LG Optimus 4X HD:
- Download unzip and Install the LG USB Driver (skip if you have already done this).
- Download and extract the Root kit (o4xr.zip) to “C:\o4xr” from the original thread.
- Download and copy “IS11LG_SystemBackupTest.signed.apk” to the root folder of your sdcard
- Install “IS11LG_SystemBackupTest.signed.apk”
- Open the “SystemBackupTest” app you just installed.
- Hold the power button and choose “Power off and restart”.
- Connect your phone via USB to your computer.
Now open the command prompt and type the following code
and press enter.
and press enter.
- Wait while the script runs, and the phone will reboot automatically.
- You should then see the command prompt “C:\o4xr>”.
- On your phone, open up Google Play Store and search for “SuperSU”.
- Update SuperSU then open it and head over to its options.
- Press OK to update the SU binary.
If you’re done with that take another reboot of your phone and holla! it’s done 🙂 now enjoy your LG Optimus 4X HD with root access which means you can now access and take the most out of your phone.