We have already posted about how to get the official leaked ICS firmware on your LG Optimus Black P970. Since it was an official update, the root access on your phone would be gone (if you had it) and you will need to root your device again. A few people commented that it consumes a lot of battery so usage of Juice Defender might extend the battery life of your device. But it needs root access to prevent apps from running in background. So this tutorial will help you root LG P970 on offiicial ICS. It has been tested working on V30b at the time of writing.[box_light]You will not be able to flash CWM after rooting unless someone figures out how to unlock the bootloader. So you will not be able flash custom ROMs if you have official ICS. If you wish to flash custom ROMs, you need to revert back to Gingerbread and then flash CWM.[/box_light]
- Back up all apps using ASTRO File Manager. You can get the APK files using ASTRO and later restore it. Rooted users can use Titanium Backup which also backs up data along with the apps.
- Back up all contacts to SD card.
- Backup SMS on Android.
- Backup call log on Android.
- Have minimum 60% charge on your phone else you might get stuck while the update process is running on your device.
- Remove any security or Anti-virus app if you have them installed.
- Enable USB Debugging. This can be don by Settings>Applications>Development and making sure that USB Debugging is checked.
Disclaimer: Hack My Android is not responsible for any damage that your device may face during this process. The developer is also not responsible for the same. There are little chances that your device may face any issue. However, try this at your own risk. This process voids the warranty of your device.
Steps to Root LG Optimus Black on Official ICS Firmware
- Download Unlock Root and install it on your PC.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device.
- Connect the device to the PC using USB Cable.
- Click on Root button.
- You may see a list of detected devices on the screen, just select your device.
- Once the rooting process is complete, it will show you a confirmation on the screen.
- Reboot the device and look for the Superuser app in your phone. Existence of the app confirms that your device is rooted.
For any other issues and queries, feel free to comment below 🙂