LG Optimus L3 is a new Android phone which has just popped into the market. It is available for Rs.7499 in the Indian stores and is considered to be a strong competitor of LG Optimus Me P350 and Samsung Galaxy Y S5360. LG P350 has a 600 MHz processor whereas Samsung Galaxy Y and LG Optimus L3 have 800 MHz processor so we can consider that LG Optimus L3 would be a competitor of Samsung Galaxy Y because of similar features. In this tutorial we will see how to root LG Optimus L3 E400, thanks to Dan Rosenberg who made a method to root LG Spectrum but the same method seems to work with LG Optimus L3 also. Let use see how to root your device easily.
It is very unlikely that you will lose any data on your device but if you are stuck at some position you may need to perform a factory reset. Having a backup is good in such situations!
- Back up all apps using ASTRO File Manager. You can get the APK files using ASTRO and later restore it. Rooted users can use Titanium Backup which also backs up data along with the apps.
- Back up all contacts to SD card.
- Backup SMS on Android.
- Backup call log on Android.
- Have minimum 60% charge on your phone else you might get stuck while the update process is running on your device.
- Remove any security or Anti-virus app if you have them installed.
- Enable USB Debugging. This can be don by Settings>Applications>Development and making sure that USB Debugging is checked.
Disclaimer: Hack My Android is not responsible for any damage that your device may face during this process. The developer is also not responsible for the same. There are little chances that your device may face any issue. However, try this at your own risk.
Procedure to Root LG Optimus L3 E400
- Download the rooting script – Windows | Linux/OSX
- Connect your phone to the PC with USB Debugging Enabled. To enable USB Debugging, Go to Setting>Applications>Development and ensure that USB Debugging is checked.
- Execute the file “run.bat” on Windows.
- If you are on Linux or OSX, execute “run.sh” using the terminal.
- Your phone will reboot on success.
Thanks Dan Rosenberg.