Motorola RAZR M, yet another high end Android phone from Motorola can now be rooted. It runs on Ice Cream Sandwich but Motorola says that it can be upgraded to Jelly Bean. However, this tutorial is applicable only for devices running on Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich version of Android. You need to be afraid to root your phone because the tutorial is very easy and helps you get full access on your phone after rooting.
After you root your phone, you can backup apps along with their data using Titanium Backup, you can save your device’s battery by using Juice Defender and do a lot more having root access.
Though you may not lose any data on your phone, we recommend you to have a backup on your external memory because you may need to wipe data if you are stuck in the boot animation.
To follow this tutorial, you must either be using Windows or Linux.
- Back up all apps using ASTRO File Manager. You can get the APK files using ASTRO and later restore it. Rooted users can use Titanium Backup which also backs up data along with the apps. You can restore data of apps after rooting your phone.
- Back up all contacts to SD card.
- Backup SMS on Android.
- Backup call log on Android.
- Have minimum 60% charge on your phone else you might get stuck while the update process is running on your device.
- Remove any security or Anti-virus app if you have them installed.
- Enable USB Debugging. This can be don by Settings>Applications>Development and making sure that USB Debugging is checked.
- Make sure your phone is not locked to any network.
Disclaimer: Hack My Android is not responsible for any damage that your device may face during this process. The developer is also not responsible for the same. There are little chances that your device may face any issue. However, try this at your own risk. This process will void the warranty of your device.
Steps to Root Motorola RAZR M 4G LTE
- Download the rooting package which is a zip file. Unzip all contents.
- Make sure you have downloaded and installed Motorola Drivers on your computer.
- On your device, enable installation from unknown sources by going to “Config > Security > Unknown Sources” and also the Mock location from the path “Config > Developer Options > Mock Location”.
- Connect your device to the computer via USB cable as Media Sync. Connect and go to Config > Storage > Media Sync to enable this option.
- After this, run the .bat file that is present in the folder where you have extracted the contents of the downloaded zip file and follow the onscreen instructions.
- Disconnect the phone and check if it is rooted by looking for the Superuser app in the system apps list.
This tutorial helps you root Motorola RAZR M 4G LTE easily. If you face any issues, feel free to comment below 🙂