Not long back did we publish an article which helps you install XXLQ2 ICS Firmware on your Samsung Galaxy Note. I’m pretty sure that you would have updated your Galaxy Note. But as we mentioned earlier the application of the official firmware would revoke root access. That means that all those apps which require root access that you had installed on your device would not be able to perform its operations because they don’t have the root access. To get it back, you will need to root XXLQ2 Firmware, something this tutorial is all about.
Please note that this procedure will work on for those devices which are on the XXLQ2 firmware. You can check it y going to Setting>About phone and scroll down to see the version.
While following this tutorial you will not lose any data on your phone, we highly recommend that you backup all data on your phone. The following points will help you with the same.
The few points listed below will help you backup your data on Samsung Galaxy Note N7000.
- Back up all apps using ASTRO File Manager. You can get the APK files using ASTRO and later restore it. Rooted users can use Titanium Backup which also backs up data along with the apps.
- Back up all contacts to SD card.
- Backup SMS on Android.
- Backup call log on Android.
- Have minimum 60% charge on your phone else you might get stuck while the update process is running on your device.
Disclaimer: Hack My Android is not responsible for any damage that your device may face during this process. The developer is also not responsible for the same. There are little chances that your device may face any issue. However, try this at your own risk.
Procedure to Root Galaxy Note on XXLQ2 ICS Firmare
- Download XXLQ2 Rooting zip file to your computer and extract the contents of the zip file to a separate folder in your PC.
- Download Odin.
- Turn off your Galaxy Note.
- Boot your device into download mode. To do this, press Volume Down button + Center Button + Power button. Now you will see a warning message after which pressing the Volume Up button will boot your device into download mode.
- Open Odin and connect your device to the Computer via USB Cable and make sure that the ID:Com section in Odin turns yellow.
- If it doesn’t you may need to install KIES to get you the necessary drivers.
- Click on PDA and select the file “CF-Root-SGN_XX_XEU_LQ2-v5.6-CWM5.tar”. Also make sure you check Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time in Odin.
- Click on Start and your device will be rooted in a few seconds.
This method lets you root your Galaxy Note running XXLQ2 ICS firmware quite easily. If you have any issues, feel free to use the comments section below.