Just like Samsung Galaxy Y, Samsung Galaxy Poocket S5300 is yet another entry level smartphone. If you have bought Samsung Galaxy Pocket, you may even wish to root it. In this tutorial we will tell you how you can root Samsung Galaxy Pocket android phone very easily by flashing a zip file via recovery. Now you may wonder why should you root your device at the cost of losing warranty. Rooting has its own advantages as it lets you make the best out of your Android phone. It lets you utilize your phone to the full potential.
A few tasks which are not possible on unrooted phones can be done by rooting. For example, usage of Titanium backup to backup all apps along with data, Tasker to automate tasks and Juice Defender to save battery on your Android phone. These are some really famous apps which you could try after rooting. But there is a lot more you can do, more info about which can be found on BlogoTech.
Before you root your Android phone, make sure you have a backup of all important data on your phone.
It is very unlikely that you will lose any data on your device but if you are stuck at some position you may need to perform a factory reset. Having a backup is good in such situations!
- Back up all apps using ASTRO File Manager. You can get the APK files using ASTRO and later restore it.
- Back up all contacts to SD card.
- Backup SMS on Android.
- Backup call log on Android.
- Have minimum 60% charge on your phone else you might get stuck while the update process is running on your device.
- Remove any security or Anti-virus app if you have them installed.
- Enable USB Debugging. This can be don by Settings>Applications>Development and making sure that USB Debugging is checked.
Disclaimer: Hack My Android is not responsible for any damage that your device may face during this process. The developer is also not responsible for the same. There are little chances that your device may face any issue. However, try this at your own risk. This process voids the warranty of your device.
Steps to Root Samsung Galaxy Pocket S53000 Android Phone
- Download Update.zip to your Computer.
- Connect your phone to the PC via USB Cable and copy the zip file to your SD card preferably in the root of the SD card.
- Remove the phone from the PC and turn it off.
- Boot your phone into recovery mode. To do this, just press the Volume Up button + Power button + Center button together and hold all the three buttons unless you see the recovery screen.
- In the recovery mode, select “Install zip from SD card”>”Choose zip from SD card” and select the zip file that you copied to your SD card in Step 2.
- Confirm it in the next step and flash it.
- Go back and select “Reboot system now”.
Your phone must now be rooted, to confirm the same check out the applications menu and you should have Superuser installed. If you face any issues, feel free to comment below 🙂