Samsung I9070 Galaxy S Advance is yet another awesome phone from Samsung that comes with Touchwiz 4.0 UI. If you own a Samsung Galaxy S Advance I9070, you may wish to hack it and hence improve its performance in several ways like removing bloatware and increasing internal memory. Rooting this device will also let you automate tasks using one of my favorite applications, Tasker. Just like how rooting has its own advantages, it also has a few disadvantages as it incurs the risk of bricking your phone or landing into bootloops. Also, rooting would void the warranty of your device.
This procedure will probably not brick your device as it has been tested by developers at XDA. We will guide you through the process of backing up data on your Samsung I9070 Galaxy S Advance following which are the steps to root this device.
Backup Data & Prerequisites
The few points listed below will help you backup your data on Samsung I9070 Galaxy S Advance. You need to wipe data to update your firmware and hence it is always a good idea to backup before you proceed with any rooting activity on your device.
- Back up all apps using ASTRO File Manager. You can get the APK files using ASTRO and later restore it.
- Back up all contacts to SD card.
- Backup SMS on Android.
- Backup call log on Android.
- Make sure you have the recommended drivers installed.
- Have minimum 60% charge on your phone else you might get stuck while the update process is running on your device.
Disclaimer: Hack My Android is not responsible for any damage that your device may face during this process. The developer is also not responsible for the same. There are little chances that your device may face any issue. However, try this at your own risk.
Steps to Root Samsung I9070 Galaxy S Advance
- Download GT-I9070-root.rar to your computer.
- Extract the contents of the rar file to a separate folder in your PC.
- Run the file Odin3 v1.83.exe
- Enable USB Debugging on your phone by going to Settings>Applications and make sure that USB Debugging is checked.
- Boot your phone into Download mode. To do this, turn off your phone and then press and hold Volume Down button + Home button + Power button together.
- Now connect your phone to the Computer via USB Cable.
- The ID:Com Section in Odin should turn yellow. If it doesn’t there must be some problem with your USB Drivers.
- In the PIT section in Odin, select the file GT-I9070_EUR_XX_8G_20111220_KL6.pit which is present in the extracted contents of the rar file.
- In the PDA section, choose rootkernel.tar.md5.
- Only Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time should be checked in Odin. Uncheck all other options.
- Click on Start and wait for the phone to reboot.
- Now you need to install Superuser and Busybox from Google Play Store or use Superoneclick to push Superuser to /system/app.
You now have a rooted phone. If you face any issues, feel free to comment below 🙂