We recently published an article on how to install DXLP9 ICS Firmware on Samsung Galaxy S2 which was an easy tutorial where you could install the Ice Cream Sandwich Firmware using Odin. In this tutorial we will tell you how to root DXLP9 ICS Firmware on your Samsung Galaxy S2 GTI9100. Rooting is necessary if you wish to remove the stock Samsung apps that come with the official firmware. All official firmwares come with stock apps which are stuffed in by the manufacturer. These apps occupy a lot of space and hence the free space in RAM becomes less. You can remove these apps by using an app called Titanum Backup which requires root access. These is a lot more that can be done by rooting.
Let us now see how you can root Samsung Galaxy S2 on DXLP9 ICS Firmware.
It is very unlikely that you will lose any data on your device but if you are stuck at some position you may need to perform a factory reset. Having a backup is good in such situations!
- Back up all apps using ASTRO File Manager. You can get the APK files using ASTRO and later restore it. Rooted users can use Titanium Backup which also backs up data along with the apps.
- Back up all contacts to SD card.
- Backup SMS on Android.
- Backup call log on Android.
- Have minimum 60% charge on your phone else you might get stuck while the update process is running on your device.
- Remove any security or Anti-virus app if you have them installed.
- Enable USB Debugging. This can be don by Settings>Applications>Development and making sure that USB Debugging is checked.
Disclaimer: Hack My Android is not responsible for any damage that your device may face during this process. The developer is also not responsible for the same. There are little chances that your device may face any issue. However, try this at your own risk.
Steps to Root Samsung Galaxy S2 on DXLP9 ICS Firmware
- Download DXLP9 Rooting Package.
- Extract the contents of the zip file to a separate folder in your PC.
- After this open Odin which you can download from here.
- Boot your phone into Download Mode. To do this, press the Volume Down button and Center button. While you press both, simultaneously pres the power button and your phone will enter into download mode.
- Connect your phone to the PC via USB. When you do this the ID:Com section on Odin must turn yellow. If it doesn’t don’t proceed to the next step.
- Click on PDA and select the .tar file which you had extracted from the downlaoded zip file.
- Click on Start and your phone will be rooted.
In this simple way you can root DXLP9 ICS Firmware running on your Samsung Galaxy S2. If you have any questions, feel free to use the comments section below 🙂