A day back we posted a tutorial to install XWLPD ICS Firmware which can be easily done via Odin. The XWLPD Firmware is for the Nordic countries but it can be flashed on any Galaxy S2 GT I9100 device, provided the device is not locked to any network. We also told you that after flashing this firmware, the root access will be revoked and you will have to root XWLPD Official firmware again. Rooting has its own advantages like batch backup of all apps using Titanium Backup or automating tasks on your Android device using Tasker.
In this tutorial we will tell you how to root XWLPD Firmware using Odin. Please note that if you get any yellow triangle after rooting, just use the triangle remover app which is available on the Google Play Store.
It is very unlikely that you will lose any data on your device but if you are stuck at some position you may need to perform a factory reset. Having a backup is good in such situations!
- Back up all apps using ASTRO File Manager. You can get the APK files using ASTRO and later restore it. Rooted users can use Titanium Backup which also backs up data along with the apps.
- Back up all contacts to SD card.
- Backup SMS on Android.
- Backup call log on Android.
- Have minimum 60% charge on your phone else you might get stuck while the update process is running on your device.
- Remove any security or Anti-virus app if you have them installed.
- Enable USB Debugging. This can be don by Settings>Applications>Development and making sure that USB Debugging is checked.
Disclaimer: Hack My Android is not responsible for any damage that your device may face during this process. The developer is also not responsible for the same. There are little chances that your device may face any issue. However, try this at your own risk.
Steps to Root XWLPD ICS Firmware
- Download XWLPD Rooting Package.
- Extract the contents of the zip file to a separate folder in your PC.
- After this open Odin which you can download from here.
- Boot your phone into Download Mode. To do this, press the Volume Down button and Center button. While you press both, simultaneously pres the power button and your phone will enter into download mode.
- Connect your phone to the PC via USB. When you do this the ID:Com section on Odin must turn yellow. If it doesn’t don’t proceed to the next step.
- Click on PDA and select the CF-Root-SGS2_XX_NEE_LPD-v5.4-CWM5.zip file which you had extracted from the downlaoded zip file.
- Click on Start and your phone will be rooted.
This was easy rooting. If your phone bootloops just repeat the procedure or sometimes you may even have to flash the ICS Firmware again. Also note that this will also install ClockworkMod Recovery on your Galaxy S2 Gt I9100.