Root Samsung Galaxy S3 on XXALE8 ICS Firmware
We recently told you that Chainfire has rooted Samsung Galaxy S3 but unfortunately he had not revealed the firmware or the rooting files previously but now, he did. The rooting file is available and in this tutorial we will tell you how to root Samsung Galaxy S3. The stock ICS Firmware that Samsung Galaxy S3 would come with is the XXALE8 firmware. I don’t think you would have got your hands on the device by now but when you do, make sure you check the firmware version of your phone and use this method only if the firmware is XXALE8.
After you root your phone, you can backup apps along with data using Titanium Backup and you can also automate tasks on you Galaxy S3 using Tasker application. To know more, check what is rooting.
It is very unlikely that you will lose any data on your device but if you are stuck at some position you may need to perform a factory reset. Having a backup is good in such situations!
- Back up all apps using ASTRO File Manager. You can get the APK files using ASTRO and later restore it.
- Back up all contacts to SD card.
- Backup SMS on Android.
- Backup call log on Android.
- Have minimum 60% charge on your phone else you might get stuck while the update process is running on your device.
- Remove any security or Anti-virus app if you have them installed.
- Enable USB Debugging. This can be don by Settings>Applications>Development and making sure that USB Debugging is checked.
Disclaimer: Hack My Android is not responsible for any damage that your device may face during this process. The developer is also not responsible for the same. There are little chances that your device may face any issue. However, try this at your own risk. This process voids the warranty of your device.
Procedure to Root Samsung Galaxy S3
- Download the Rooting Package for Samsung Galaxy S3.
- Download Odin.
- Extract the Rooting Package to a separate folder on your PC and you will get a .tar file.
- Turn off your phone and boot it into download mode by pressing Volume Down button + Center button + Power button.
- Connect your phone to the PC via USB Cable.
- Open Odin.
- Click on PDA and select the .tar file that you extracted from the downloaded file.
- Click on Start.
Using this method you can easily root Samsung Galaxy S3 android phone running XXALE8 ICS Firmware. Thanks Chainfire.