Root Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.2 GT-P5100/P5110/P5113
Each time a new device is released, Android developers start their search on a way to root the device. Sometimes, these Android devices get rooted very easily just like the Samsung Galaxy S3 which got rooted before it was launched. Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 also did not take much time in getting rooted as XDA member weltwon gained root access on the device quite early. In this tutorial we will inform you about the method he used to root the device.
Please note that rooting your device will void the warranty and to regain it back you will have to flash the Stock ROM. I recommend you to make a backup of all important data before you proceed with the steps.
The few points listed below will help you backup your data on Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1. It is very unlikely that you will lose data while rooting but it is always a good idea to backup before you proceed with any hacking activity on your device.
- Back up all apps using ASTRO File Manager. You can get the APK files using ASTRO and later restore it.
- Back up all contacts to SD card.
- Backup SMS on Android.
- Backup call log on Android.
- Make sure you have KIES installed which would get you the recommended drivers.
- Have minimum 60% charge on your phone else you might get stuck while the update process is running on your device.
Disclaimer: Hack My Android is not responsible for any damage that your device may face during this process. The developer is also not responsible for the same. There are little chances that your device may face any issue. However, try this at your own risk.
Procedure to Root Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
- A few things must be downloaded. Links – Odin3-v1.85_3.zip |recovery.tar.md5 |cwm-root-gtab2.zip (for P5113) |cwm-root-gtab2a.zip (for P5100 and P5110).
- Copy the cwm-root-gtab2.zip file to the root of your SD card.
- Turn off your Galaxy Tab and boot it into download mode. To do this, press and hold Volume Up button + Power button. You will see a yellow triangle after which you can press the Volume Up button which will boot your device into download mode.
- Now Open Odin and make sure that KIES is not running.
- Connect your Galaxy Tab to the PC via USB Cable. This should make the Id:Com section in Odin turn yellow. If it does not turn yellow, there must be some problem with your drivers.
- Click on PDA and select the recovery.tar.md5 file and then click on Start.
- Odin will not show Green color and the device will reboot. This install ClockworkMod Recovery on your device.
- Up next, boot your device into recovery mode. To do this, turn off your device and press and hold the Volume Down + Power button.
- In the recovery mode, select the option “install zip from SD card” and select the cwm-root-gtab2.zip file which you had copied to your SD card in Step 2.
- Select the file and flash it after which you can select the option “Reboot system now”.
Wasn’t it an easy procedure to root your Galaxy Tab 10.2 and install Clockworkmod Recovery on it? If you face any issues, feel free to comment below