Being dominant is one thing, being the first to do so, is something to be remembered. Being the global variant of the HTC Butterfly(which was limited to the territories of Japan) the HTC Droid DNA for Verizon sets the pace by becoming the first globally available Cellular Device to boast the alleged Full HD 1080p display. The device packs in the DNA of a beast within as to get the eye candy flashing out the device hosts the mighty Qualcomm MDM615m/APQ8064 chipset which has the 1.5Ghz quad-core Krait plus Adreno 320 combo. To be very honest, this is currently the best set of hardware configuration available in the global market to land on any device.
Purchasing the very first 1080p phone is one thing, while to own it, is other. Thus, this guide lets you root your HTC Droid DNA by flashing an insecure boot.img which will also give you ClockworkMod Recovery (CWM) or TWRP recovery which will allow you further access to the root of your phone which will enable you to unleash the best out of your droid. You will also flash Superuser and busybox files to your phone’s system – hence getting a permanent root.
- Back up all apps using ASTRO File Manager. You can get the APK files using ASTRO and later restore it. Rooted users can use Titanium Backup which also backs up data along with the apps.
- Back up all contacts to SD card.
- Backup SMS on Android.
- Backup call log on Android.
- Have minimum 60% charge on your phone else you might get stuck while the update process is running on your device.
- Remove any security or Anti-virus app if you have them installed.
- Enable USB Debugging. This can be done by Settings>Applications>Development and making sure that USB Debugging is checked.
Disclaimer: Hack My Android is not responsible for any damage that your device may face during this process. The developer is also not responsible for the same. There are little chances that your device may face any issue. However, try this at your own risk. This process voids the warranty of your device.
Steps to Root HTC Droid DNA
- You need to get your phone’s bootloader unlocked which can be done at HTCDev.com
- Download – ClockworkMod Recovery or TWRP Recovery.
- Rename the downloaded files to recovery.img
- Download the SuperSU and busybox package and put it on your SD card.
- Put your phone into bootloader mode. If you don’t know how to boot your device in bootloader mode, you may use the command “adb reboot bootloader” while your device is turned ON and connected to the PC with USB Debugging enabled. If you are new to using ADB commands, you may read this.
- Copy the recovery.img file to the folder where you have ADB and fastboot files.
- Open Command Prompt in the location where you have copied the files in previous step.
- Use the command “fastboot flash recovery recovery.img” to flash the file to your phone.
- Reboot using “fastboot reboot” and then reboot into recovery using the command “adb reboot recovery”.
- In the recovery mode, go to “Install zip from SD card”>”Choose zip from SD card” and flash the SuperSU and busybox package that you had placed in your SD card in Step 4.
- Go back and select “Reboot system now”.
Your HTC Droid DNA will be rooted. If you face any issues, feel free to comment below.